Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts

Helping a friend in need.

A very close friend of mine has recently started to say things that have got me very concerned.

She has told me about various things that she has had to deal with throughout her life, some of which actually made me sick and cry a little. She has said that it is all getting too much for her and she is too tired to carry on.

She has called Samaritans but that didn't help at all, and tomorrow she is going to see a therapist.

I am really worried about them and I couldn't bare to lose them. I don't know what I should do to help.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    I am really worried about them and I couldn't bare to lose them. I don't know what I should do to help.
    Listening is the best place to start JB.

Be there for them, check on them regularly, offer to help, try to be positive. Give them support and comfort.
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tannat
    Listening is the best place to start JB.

Be there for them, check on them regularly, offer to help, try to be positive. Give them support and comfort.
    Thats pretty much what I have been doing. I spend most of my free-time with her anyway because we like each others company. I've told her not to worry and that I'll look after her, but I can't look after her all the time.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Just be there as much as you can and try to get her mind of thinking about it too much. But in the end it's only her that can snap out of it. But I'm sure having a therapist will help alot.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Support them going to the therapist. Deciding to follow that route is a big step in itself for many people. Therapy might seem rather odd to start with when you enter into it, but it can be of great value — combined with making your own efforts to get things onto a more even keel, of course.

I wish your friend all the very best.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Having therapist may help her going into the right orientation. Wouldn't you think it a great loss then?

btw, Despite I have to admit that we can't avoid life problem since conspiracy is always around, everybody have their own interest, I tend to solve my problem myself, try to take everything easy, change the mindset, etc; and do not seem want to go for therapist when being burdened with problem of life. They are sometimes useful for certain persons.

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Take her to a poor country. It helps from two points of view: she'll change the place which is good in case of depression and she'll see that other people face the problem of survival.

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    gadjo_dilo makes a good point....Jon, do support her and try to keep her spirits up but also make sure she understands that there are plenty of people who have more problems that her in this world and they still have a smile on their faces !

She needs to be happy for what she has (atleast a good friend like you !) and try and get out of this depression.
    She has to be positive and you should help her do that.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Why do we not suggest her to take a vacation. Monsoon regions seem to be great choice to get out of routine problem of life. It might relief her at certain extent as to find something if not a miracle she never knew before elsewhere.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Talk to her and be there for her as much as you can. But, and this is very important, don't let it affect your own life too much, in helping her you could end up being as depressed as she is, remember to first look after yourself.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums