Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tom Chilton

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Chilton has picked up pace in the second half of the season but needs consistency.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    While he's not the only one, some of the driving standards leave a lot to be desired. Isn't it meant to be 'Racing' - not a 'Destruction Derby'. I know we want entertainment, but I don't class ramming people off the track as racing.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jackmarsh
    Im not too sure what SeatFreak is talking about saying he didn't see any talent from Chilton in the old Civic, he won an award in 2005 for his performances in that car!
    Before speaking I highly advise you to research what your about to alledge before putting it down as fact.

Firstly, I am not in any way shape or form aware of Chilton being given an award back in 2005. Something I didn't expect to have to tell you since you know all to well about me and what I contribute to this forum. I do. Because I do you ought to.

Secondly and finally nowhere do I even allege directly in my post I didn't see talent from Tom in the old Civic. As far as I am aware I do not and cannot even recall 2005 from the point of view of certain drivers form.

I only said "I don't think he has ever shown any sort of good form in any car - let alone the old spec Civic" because I thought it was the best thing to say which agreed with what I felt VXRDartford had meant.

It was an empty comment which meant nothing. It was purely just said as something which I felt kept peace and harmony by agreeing with another statement.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Peace and harmony?

Correct me if I am wrong but I think that 99.9% of readers on here would take that quote as saying that your opinion was that Tom Chilton has not shown any sort of form in any car - let alone the old spec Civic??? - Surely this means that you dont think he has ever shown any form? The six wins he has picked up in the BTCC were all in that car, including a double at Snetterton, the second with full ballast.

At the end of the day ATF asked a question about this season - and to answer that as I have previously, it has been sub-standard, with a few good moments. Knowing Tom well he is going to extensive lengths to increase his consistency, especially on the mental side.

Also having spoken to him about the race 3 incident, he said it was completely his fault but rather than taking out the championship leader he swerved onto the grass and was then a passenger, but acknowledges that it was a poor bit of driving, hence the punishment that has been given out.

- points penalty on racing licence
    - a fine
    - and a grid deduction

Lets judge everyone at the end of the season. I remember people slating Rob Collard on here after a couple of rounds but he has completely turned his year around since Croft. It can and does happen.

Jack
    Erik Edman - 35 yard screamer - am I seeing things?

www.ex.ac.uk - probably the best university in the world.

Come on TC, Rydell and Paffett.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Correct me if I am wrong but I think that 99.9% of readers on here would take that quote as saying that your opinion was that Tom Chilton has not shown any sort of form in any car - let alone the old spec Civic??? - Surely this means that you dont think he has ever shown any form?
    Then, like you, the 99.9% would be wrong. It meant nothing because I am too scared to give an opposing opinion because I live in constant fear getting in trouble with everyone for it.

Nothing of what I say I mean. I only say it because it is what I have guessed everyone wants me to say. You ought to have known that. What I want to say and what I do say are not the same thing. What I want to say isn't what people like. What I do say is.

My view, which I decided not to go with, is that I actually think Tom, like the others, is a decent driver in a very decent car. I don't agree with the view that certain drivers are poor driver. I can't until I am not able to know better by getting inside the car and see how their driving or their heads and see what their processing in terms of judgement.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was clearly 'judging' Jones and Kane on the season so far. Why wait until the end of the season, otherwise this part of the forum would be very very empty

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by #1JamesThompsonFan
    Why not Adam Jones? Jones all ready can race front wheel cars and will be on the pace straight away. No doubt, Kane has very much excelled recently, but for my money, Jones has performed all year.
    Quote Originally Posted by #1JamesThompsonFan
    I was clearly 'judging' Jones and Kane on the season so far. Why wait until the end of the season, otherwise this part of the forum would be very very empty
    I know you were. I wasn't saying anything against Adam Jones as a replacement for TC in the event Steve Neal does decide to release Tom. I am probably Adams biggest fan. I like him and the team a lot and I'm really pulling for him to win the Independents title.

I was just innocently guessing at others who could come in to TD and do a good job.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndySpeed
    Agreed, especially since Andy Jordan is one of the few full time employees of Team Eurotech...
    Just as Matt Neal is a full time employee at Dynamics....

Nothing is garanteed in this game!

Willing to money on that Andy?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lets judge everyone at the end of the season. I remember people slating Rob Collard on here after a couple of rounds but he has completely turned his year around since Croft. It can and does happen. Jack
    Sorry SEATFreak. I was just trying to say, why should we wait until the end of the season to discuss driver/teams perfomances?

For the record, I agree with you. Having said that there is no need for people to get hot and bothered because of the way someone views a situation. It is that persons views and should not be shouted down because it differs from others views. Otherwise this would be a "Agree with everything that is said" forum, not a "discussion" forum

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I agree with what people have said about his driving getting a bit desperate, but that wasn't always the case. He had some good, clean, fair races in 2005, like Mondello and Snetterton.

And like jackmarsh said, he won with full ballast at Snetterton in the old Civic - don't think anyone else has even done that - so the talent is there. Even if the 2005 was a bit weak, he still beat the likes of Plato, Neal and Muller.
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.