Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

?? which rally car?? where to rally

hi i was wandering what is everyones opinion on a good starter car for rallying which is reliable, powerfull and all around good also does any one know of an organisation or a site that you can rally at in the north east of USA i live in Pennslyvania thanks so much i really need to fin out some info an an organization around here also mabe a rally school

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    also if some one can sent me a few good links to some good places to buy performence parts and stuff for rallying also i would really appreciate it

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallying443
    also if some one can sent me a few good links to some good places to buy performence parts and stuff for rallying also i would really appreciate it

Head over to SpecialStage.com

Then look up NASA Rally Sport.

As for a car, Volkswagen GTIs are very popular in the US. They are readily available, relatively affordable, and lots of other teams run them so someone is likely to have the XXXX that you broke but don't have a spare of.
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks alot

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    www.nasarallysport.com
    A VW Golf or a production WRX are the most used. NASA also has a Spec Focus series you might be interested in. I am currently building a Saab 9.2x which is basicly a WRX, parts are very easy to find. There is a Rally In West Virginia Aug 2-3, if you want to get into Rally I would suggest finding a team to volunteer with, you will learn more about getting started that way than any other. PM me if you would be interested in volunteering I know a team that was looking for help.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    I'll second that.. You will learn far more from helping out with a team than launching yourself in head first at the deep end, I'd strongly advise you to follow that advice.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Well I dont know anything (about anyting), but my 2c.
    Spending money on a WRX or something similar will not be cheap. You will break the car very very often. And the boxers arent too reliable anyway.
    A few years ago I was thinking of getting a 205 GTi and taking it for a spin.
    There are classes out there like <=1300cc, 1300-1600cc, 4WD/AWD etc. So it doesnt really matter what kind of car you have, and it wont cost you a fortune to do something on a 205 compared to what it would cost you to do on anything more complicated/recent. Anyway the 205 handles really well, so it should be fun.
    A close ratio gear box and good suspention will give you all the performance you need.
    And dont be an idiot, be safe.

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts

Better places exist

Quote Originally Posted by L5->R5/CR
    Head over to SpecialStage.com

Then look up NASA Rally Sport.

As for a car, Volkswagen GTIs are very popular in the US. They are readily available, relatively affordable, and lots of other teams run them so someone is likely to have the XXXX that you broke but don't have a spare of.
    Jeeeze Kevin you do know that there is far more and far better information directed at beginners at the much more popular site http://www.rallyanarchy.com

I saw some site that indicated something like about double the viewership at Rallyanarchy than the increasingly "fan-boy" site SS.com.

Now if the guy was burning with a need to know about the latest color of the Subaru Team cars then SS.com is definitely the best site in USA to visit.

But why do you consistently make such a point of never answering to folks to check it out?
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa
    Jeeeze Kevin you do know that there is far more and far better information directed at beginners at the much more popular site http://www.rallyanarchy.com

I saw some site that indicated something like about double the viewership at Rallyanarchy than the increasingly "fan-boy" site SS.com.

Now if the guy was burning with a need to know about the latest color of the Subaru Team cars then SS.com is definitely the best site in USA to visit.

But why do you consistently make such a point of never answering to folks to check it out?

John,

It is not an intentional slight against your cult of personality.

There is still an ton of very valuable, non self serving, advice for the nOObs at SS.com. Perhaps your personal vendetta against those guys, or your dislike for the politics of the USA forum, prevent you from remembering or seeing all of still very valuable and pertinent threads.

Besides, if he is serious, he will soon find his way over to the anarchists if that appeals, considering he posted this in the WRC forum...
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    http://www.specialstage.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=30459
    Here is a good thread for hem to check out....