Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    So, now that it's clear that there was no Nazi connotation to it, I think everyone including the German associations will calm down and forget that it ever happened.

Cheers to that!

Let's see if Max will ever say who was the one who set him up, he should know it by now!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    See "The nature of the claim" point 1 (page 2).
    I apologise, but since the 'Nature of the Claim' is not the verdict per se, as anyone with even a vague knowledge of the law would testify, the point remains valid.

See Point 3 (Page 2)

3. The cause of action is breach of confidence and/or the unauthorised disclosure of personal information, said to infringe the Claimant’s rights of privacy as protected by Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms (“the Convention&#8221 . There is no claim in defamation and I am thus not directly concerned with any injury to reputation.

Check mate.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    So, now that it's clear that there was no Nazi connotation to it, I think everyone including the German associations will calm down and forget that it ever happened.
    While this would be reasonable, the fact is that people do remember things about other people. The case will continue to follow Max Mosley around, even if this doesn't really have any effect.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Interesting point. I wonder, had the headline just been "F1 BOSS HAS ORGY WITH 5 HOOKERS" how different the reaction among FIA member associations would have been.
    Let's see if Max will ever say who was the one who set him up, he should know it by now!
    The Judge was clear (#226): "I have no evidence to suggest that the surveillance he was warned against had any connection with Woman E or the News of the World." Perhaps the set-up idea will be dropped as quietly as the Brundle libel case.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Interesting point. I wonder, had the headline just been "F1 BOSS HAS ORGY WITH 5 HOOKERS" how different the reaction among FIA member associations would have been.
    One would hope that there would have been far less outrage, but a lot of people just find any 'sex scandal' appalling no matter what, because the papers they read tell them that it is appalling, so it must be.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh I'm sure the roayl families of some countries and those countries with strong relegious beliefs will be so relieved he didn't have a N*** based orgy, and just a straight forward S&M orgy, which he would have paid for, because I doubt very much any women would even consider sleeping with that old fart, without a large sum of money.

Damage is done, and the paper has won in that respect. All doopey Max has done is drag up more stuff in the press and had to stand up and say I'm a bit of a deviant.

My best wishes goes to his family, and I hope his wife sees sense and sues him.......oh she can't because he'll buy the judge again.
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    One would hope that there would have been far less outrage, but a lot of people just find any 'sex scandal' appalling no matter what, because the papers they read tell them that it is appalling, so it must be.
    Luckily those aren't the people who are in important position all around the world (i.e. people who can think by themselves without the need of a journalist!).
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Luckily those aren't the people who are in important position all around the world (i.e. people who can think by themselves without the need of a journalist!).
    I don't know. A lot of senior politicians in the UK are obsessed with what the papers will say about their policies, because of the way the papers form opinions.

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MAX_THRUST
    hope he feels smug knowing the whole world knows what a corrupt sad little man he is, but then he probably enjoys being called that.....
    I hope he feel satisfaction for helping draw a line between "News" and Maniacal Tabloid Greed.

Quote Originally Posted by MAX_THRUST
    As for the NOTW I never liked the paper or their behaviour towards so many innocent members of public, but for once I wanted them to win. How much did max pay the powers at be.....
    Get use to disappointment! :
    May the forza be with you

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Here's the part of the article from BBC that Wilco posted that I don't get :

[The newspaper had originally promised her £25,000 if the story was the front-page splash but the Editor Colin Myler reduced the fee to £12,000, blaming the credit crunch.

Asked if Woman E - and her husband who had originally contacted the News of the World with the story - were a bit disappointed by the lower rate, Mr Thurlbeck said: “Actually they weren’t.” ]

They weren't disappointed ?
    Half of the money promised and they weren't upset ?

This smells to me like they were being paid by someone else as well , perhaps making the loss of the 12 thousand quid quite insignificant .

The wording seems also to implicate the MI5 agent had more involvement than merely being the husband .

It seems to me that this is a far bigger scandal than the big scandal that hit the pages of the NOTW .