Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    No. It's embarrassing to Mosley personally, but since he wasn't shouting "I'm the President of the FIA, I demand you suck my xxxx!" then it has nothing to do with the FIA.
    Er - yes it does, for he is the President of the FIA, and every time the story or the case is mentioned in the media, so is his job.

Like the Judge said, the story was of no public interest.
    I agree, but this doesn't mean to say that it suddenly ceases to have existed.

I would say that knee-jerk reactions based on a load of, now legally proven to be, bull is actually more professionally embarrassing for those who made them.
    I doubt they will be embarrassed in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Er - yes it does, for he is the President of the FIA, and every time the story or the case is mentioned in the media, so is his job.
    Yet the Judge felt it was purely a private matter. I'll take his opinion over yours....purely on the basis that his has an effect, nothing personal.

I doubt they will be embarrassed in the slightest.
    Then neither should the FIA.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Why keep on whipping a dead horse?
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

I agree, but this doesn't mean to say that it suddenly ceases to have existed.
    But since the Court has ruled that it was wholly improper for the story to have ever been published, that it had no public interest to warrant it's publication and that the 'Nazi' element has been proven to be fictitious, then those who perpetuate it are nothing short of vindictive.

The fact that Mosley won the case and that the judge ruled the 'Nazi' allegation to be false and a bare-faced lie, then the FIA have nothing to be embarrased about.

Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Why keep on whipping a dead horse?
    How dare you accuse me of being an Equine-Sadistic-Necrophiliac!!!

I'll see you in court!

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    No. It's embarrassing to Mosley personally, but since he wasn't shouting "I'm the President of the FIA, I demand you suck my xxxx!" then it has nothing to do with the FIA.
    In purely legal terms that may very well be true, but practically speaking it is not IMHO. The Judge said "[Max Mosley] is hardly exaggerating when he says his life was ruined". Are we to understand that "his life" means his private sex life, his family life, or his professional life? Or all three?
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    How dare you accuse me of being an Equine-Sadistic-Necrophiliac!!!

I'll see you in court!
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    In purely legal terms that may very well be true, but practically speaking it is not IMHO. The Judge said "[Max Mosley] is hardly exaggerating when he says his life was ruined". Are we to understand that "his life" means his private sex life, his family life, or his professional life? Or all three?
    If you read the full transcript of the Judge's verdict

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/h...vnewsgroup.pdf

He does not mention the FIA, nor at any time mention anything related to Mosley's employers. The judge does not state that Mosley has a job.

Therefore the Judge is referring solely to Mosley as a private individual, since this was indeed a private individuals case, so it can only be interpreted to mean Mosley's private life.

Example -

"It could be thought unreasonable to absolve him of all responsibility for placing himself and his family in the predicament in which they now find themselves"

I would have to say that was fecking obvious to those bothered to read.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    If you read the full transcript of the Judge's verdict....He does not mention the FIA, nor at any time mention anything related to Mosley's employers. The judge does not state that Mosley has a job....I would have to say that was fecking obvious to those bothered to read.
    See "The nature of the claim" point 1 (page 2).
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    But since the Court has ruled that it was wholly improper for the story to have ever been published, that it had no public interest to warrant it's publication and that the 'Nazi' element has been proven to be fictitious, then those who perpetuate it are nothing short of vindictive.

The fact that Mosley won the case and that the judge ruled the 'Nazi' allegation to be false and a bare-faced lie, then the FIA have nothing to be embarrased about.
    Yes it does, for surely the damage has been done by the inevitable coverage of the case in the press in terms of making the FIA's boss a subject of ridicule.

However, I would agree that this is not all that serious in the grand scheme of things. After all, no-one died and we can all sleep soundly in our beds. I very much doubt that FIA-sanctioned motorsport will be affected by this, so enthusiasts need have few worries on that score.