Whoo-ho
    Good times are here again Vresi!

mokin:
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Please excuse me if this is a really silly question, yet which of Pruett, Duran and Montoya actually crossed the finishline at 24h?

Giuseppe F1
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Giuseppe F1
    Please excuse me if this is a really silly question, yet which of Pruett, Duran and Montoya actually crossed the finishline at 24h?

Giuseppe F1
    http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/htm...ticle&sid=47568

"While the No. 01 team never fell out of the top-three overall positions in the final 21 hours of the race, the battle came to a head late in the 20th hour with Ryan Dalziel in the No. 11 CITGO/SAMAX Pontiac Riley leading Montoya in the No. 01 and Max Angelelli in the No. 10 SunTrust Pontiac Riley in a nose-to-tail fight for the overall lead. Dalziel managed to keep both vaunted road racers behind him, although Montoya and Angelelli did exchange second place a handful of times.

The battle continued for nearly an hour before Dalziel surrendered the lead to Angelelli when he pitted for fuel and tires. Angelelli led one lap before Montoya claimed the lead for good in Turn 4 with slightly less than two hours and 45 minutes remaining. At the conclusion of that lap—Lap 578—Angelelli pulled onto pit lane and Montoya moved out into the lead.

The Colombian got customary stellar service from the TELMEX/Target crew when he pitted two laps later and managed to maintain the lead of the race. He was pressured from behind by both Dalziel and Angelelli for the better part of another hour before both Angelelli and Dalziel pitted before him to turn their cars over to co-drivers Jan Magnussen and Patrick Carpentier, respectively.

Montoya gave control of the No. 01 machine—and the race lead—to Pruett with slightly more than 90 minutes remaining and the 2004 Rolex Series Daytona Prototype co-champion steadily pulled away over the remainder of the race, crossing the stripe 1:15.842 ahead of Carpentier to secure the victory. It was the third-closest finish in Rolex 24 At Daytona history."
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks Race Aficionado!

Giuseppe F1
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The best part of the race was the All Star Shootout this race has become. Not only do the regular drivers race for the Rolex watches, racers everywhere go in and say, "Let's Race!" and race for that trophy.

I think JPM and Ganassi knew what it meant to be back to race with each other -- a chance to race in a 24-hour all-star race against everybody. Too bad some groups don't want their drivers battling in this little shootout where everyone is just biting to race after a winter of waiting.

The organisers moved the race to January and has given this event a little starpower, and the result is good for sponsors, media exposure, and sportscar racing as a whole. Seemingly, it is a "Bring 'em on!" feel and with just the right extra number of drivers, it would make the RoC look tame.
    In Christ,
    Bobby

Deuteronomy 31:6-8

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've been giving my wife plenty of warning that race season is on it's way. I had no idea it had started so soon, or that Monty was part of it. I caught the last 4-5 hours of the race, and it looks like the Juan/Chip pairing is off to a good start. A Champcar Championship (debut), an Indy 500 (debut), Monza (debut I think), Monaco, and now the Daytona 24 (debut). Wow, and the world of Nascar ahead. Should be a good season.

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Eurosport will broadcast an hours worth of highlights tonight at 23.30 CET. Directly before that there is also the WRC highlights.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just finished watching the Tape of the Eurosport "Highlight" I recorded last night. They did a good job in hardly showing any interesting parts of the race. German commentator Heinrich was the usual blabla, without substantial information.
    cts1691