Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    He's got a point. Most teams just import their engines from other teams. All Ford engines are built by Roush now.
    Roush Fenway is financing the engine operation, but Doug Yates is still the engine builder. The engines are built in Mooresville where RYR used to be located, all though I don’t think it’s in the same shops. (YR is now in the same subdivision as RF in Concord). There is only one other team running Fords in Cup and neither the Wood Bros or YR could afford to build their own engines and stay in business.

All Toyota engines come from TRD.
    So if TRD supplies all the teams with a buttoned up crate engine, why would JGR still need to have a guy like Mark Cronquist (JGR engine builder) on the payroll?
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tstran17_88
    So if TRD supplies all the teams with a buttoned up crate engine, why would JGR still need to have a guy like Mark Cronquist (JGR engine builder) on the payroll?
    Yes, Toyota does instruct it's teams not to modify their crate engines. Cronquist's job is to read spark plugs, make fine adjustments to the carburetor and timing, and check for metal in the oil.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes, Toyota does instruct it's teams not to modify their crate engines. Cronquist's job is to read spark plugs, make fine adjustments to the carburetor and timing, and check for metal in the oil.
    Sounds like he's more of an engine tuner now instead of the head engine builder...so you think they cut his salary to match?
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just announced on the news. The deal for Penske to take over Saturn has fallen through and GM will shut down the Saturn brand.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Got a link?
    "Racing is life. Everything before or after, is just waiting." Steve McQueen, Le Mans

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaparral66
    Got a link?

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=8715058

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    GM reducing funding for NASCAR? So much for win on Sunday, sell on Monday eh? I read most of the posts here....wont delve into most of it.

I will just say this: IF winning on the weekend sold cars, then with GM's pounding the crap out of the GT world in sportscar and the way Jimmie and the boys keep winning NASCAR races, then why did GM go broke? It means little...and probably some gov't bean counter at GM HQ who is overseeing the restructuring since they now own a piece of the action probably started asking awkward questions. GM raced before because they liked it, and they could always find the money in the past. Those days are over.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".