Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Prost featured article on Wikipedia

A little OT, but I thought it was pretty cool that Prost is today's featured article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Neat
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In 1997 Prost took over the French Ligier team, running it as Prost Grand Prix until it went bankrupt in 2001. In 2006, Prost started his fourth year in the Andros Trophy, which is an Ice Racing competition. Denis Jenkinson, a well respected journalist, describes Prost as "a very warm and uncomplicated man who doesn't rely on passion or inspiration. Nor does he indulge in showmanship or bull****. He is capable of a level of mental discipline beyond the comprehension of most people."

he is simple man thats why he loses so much money as a team owner

Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    A nice article. It's a little sad that Alain is almost a "forgotten man", with almost all of the adulation now given to Senna and Schumacher. The collapse of his F1 team didn't help.

I remember Prost best for his performances in 1990, when he almost led Ferrari back to the World Championship. His qualifying lap in Monaco that year was phenomenal. He outpaced Nige for much of that season.

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    i used to dislike prost, as i was a committed senna fan, but over the years i have come to hugely respect him, he is afterall the guy that WANTED senna as a team mate (could you imagine schumacher doing such a thing?)
    and he had the intelligence and humility to realise that Sennas obsession with beating/destroying him was infact subconsiously the highest compliment the brazilian could ever pay him.
    his smooth style and cool demenour didnt make him as compelling as other drivers but i really hope in years to come that he is remembered correctly as one of the absolute greats of the sport, he is always in my top five.
    -Sent from a computer using my fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifune
    i used to dislike prost, as i was a committed senna fan, but over the years i have come to hugely respect him, he is afterall the guy that WANTED senna as a team mate (could you imagine schumacher doing such a thing?)
    and he had the intelligence and humility to realise that Sennas obsession with beating/destroying him was infact subconsiously the highest compliment the brazilian could ever pay him.
    his smooth style and cool demenour didnt make him as compelling as other drivers but i really hope in years to come that he is remembered correctly as one of the absolute greats of the sport, he is always in my top five.
    Good post. Prost was and is a genius behind the wheel.

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    It's a shame really. Before Schumacher, he was the most successful driver in F1 regarding wins, podiums, titles (only Fangio had more), yet he doesn't seem to be regarded a great in the way Fangio, Stirling, Clark, Senna, even Piquet and Schumacher are considered. Even Mika Hakkinen seems more highly rated. I think that's down to the fact he was Senna's biggest rival, and the death of Senna has meant to him being idolised, therefore anyone who threatened Prost is distanced. Shame really. And plus he retired at the right time, leaving the sport as World Champion isn't something even Schumacher can claim!

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Prost is in my top 5 drivers of all time.

Along with Senna, Schumacher, Clark and Fangio.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    Prost is in my top 5 drivers of all time.

Along with Senna, Schumacher, Clark and Fangio.
    I would add Moss and Stewart to your list, but otherwise agree with your assessment of Prost.

What is ironic is that in the first half of the 1980's, Prost was the fast boy and lost the 1984 championship to a wily teammate despite winning more races. Prost's 1986 championship was particularly telling. With Honda superiority over TAG, the Williams was clearly faster than the McLaren and FW had two accomplished drivers. But Prost was Champion in the slower car, like Stewart in 1973.

ClarkFan
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Samuel Clemens

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raphael123
    It's a shame really. Before Schumacher, he was the most successful driver in F1 regarding wins, podiums, titles (only Fangio had more), yet he doesn't seem to be regarded a great in the way Fangio, Stirling, Clark, Senna, even Piquet and Schumacher are considered. Even Mika Hakkinen seems more highly rated. I think that's down to the fact he was Senna's biggest rival, and the death of Senna has meant to him being idolised, therefore anyone who threatened Prost is distanced. Shame really. And plus he retired at the right time, leaving the sport as World Champion isn't something even Schumacher can claim!
    I think you're wrong in that Piquet and Häkkinen are usually not rated to have been on the same level as Prost, and quite rightly so!