Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

F1 Simulation on PC

Hey guys. The other day I was at Killarney and came across an F1 simulator. You know, with steering wheel and pedals, the real deal (ALMOST!). I asked the guys managing it what he used, and he said he used the 2008 F1 official game on PS3. Are there any Simulation games that i can buy on PC, i dont have a Sony or XBOX. I want simulation, something as close to the real thing as I can get. After playing on the simulator i am now hooked.

Thanks
    Steve

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    As far as I know there is no 08 official F1 game out for the PS3 or any other console or PC. The last official F1 game was F1 CE for the PS3 that came out in 2007 and is based on the 2006 season.

If the game you played was Sony's F1 CE then that game is far from a simulation. maybe you were fooled by the steering wheel and pedals but that's an arcade game and far from the real deal.

You can get either rFactor or F1 CC99-02 and download one of the 2008 updates available. those are the best available options for F1 sims.
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    no that was defintely a simulation, i know the diff between a arcade and a sim. The braphics looked like the real thing, it was just amazing how something could be so accurate.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    rfactor seems to be the leading PC sim right now... you should be able to get all the F1 cars & tracks, I'm guessing.
    "Approach racing like billiards - bash the ball too hard, get nowhere." Juan Manuel Fangio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It may have been the 2007 Ferrari F1 car from GT5 Prologue PS3.....on pro mode it is very difficult & very realistic in terms of physics.
    WINNER: *V8 Supercar 2006,2007 *DTM 2006,Runner Up 2007 *BTCC 2006 *Clio 2006/7 *RoC 2006 *GT's 2006

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    actually i just downloaded a pc game with the 08 season .. just go to torrentz.com and type f1 pc and itll come up ! i hope it helps

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    and its not rfactor

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I think what you downloaded was a stand alone mod for F1C 99-02
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny shell
    rfactor seems to be the leading PC sim right now... you should be able to get all the F1 cars & tracks, I'm guessing.
    There are a lot of free F1 mods for rFactor. CTDP creates one of the best -- their site is http://www.ctdp.net. They are still developing the 2006 season; so, yea...they're slow. But, the cars are well worth the wait, imho.

You can get a lot of free mods for rF at http://www.rfactorcentral.com.

I think you're right about rFactor being the best for PC's right now. I love that sim.