Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    God, things have become soooo complicated. remember the simple days of Grp A, Grp N and F2 etc

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Personally if S2000 could get lots of manufacturer interest say 7 manufacturers all running 3 cars over 12 rounds then that would be brilliant. I know WRC cars are exciting but then im sure Solberg, Gronholm and Galli could make an S2000 car very exciting on full chat. If it meant that the competition was back in the WRC like every round not knowing who is going to win before it starts and drivers fighting over seconds then it would get my vote to replace the current WRC format which has had a reletively uneventfull last few years.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I was just reading the PWRC rules for next year and guess what?

"In order to maximise equality of performance between the Group N and S2000 cars, the WRC Commission or its delegated representative(s)
    reserve the right to adjust the weight, restrictor size, maximum engine revolutions and/or maximum tyre width for each competitor at any
    time during the Championship."

It seems that s2000 will never be faster than group N , atleast not in PWRC.
    http://www.fia.com/resources/documen...odWRC_regs.pdf
    The history of the Ford Focus WRC http://web.zone.ee/focushistory/

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    It seems polish driver Maciej Lubiak will run in a Fiat Grande Punto S2000 next year !!

Can someone translate the article on top of page on http://www.autoklub.pl ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Jaanus

"In order to maximise equality of performance between the Group N and S2000 cars, the WRC Commission or its delegated representative(s)
    reserve the right to adjust the weight, restrictor size, maximum engine revolutions and/or maximum tyre width for each competitor at any

Sh(i)t thats why everyone hates FIA

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaanus

Does this mean they can decide for every individual or just the general difference between S2000 and PWRC?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Tuohino and Solá will drive the IRC and some other rallyes with the Corolla

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada
    Does this mean they can decide for every individual or just the general difference between S2000 and PWRC?
    I hope it's not different individual decisions for each competitor. And if unfortunately it is, it has to stay a strict exception in the rallying world.

By strict exception, I mean that wrc doesn't need a wtcc like weight handicap system! We have to keep allowing a constructeur to dominate when we speek about a prestigious world championship.

Moreover, it's impossible to equalize the performance between two rally cars when one is with turbo (lots of torque at low and medium revs) and one is without turbo. The performance level of two such different cars will depend on the surface (snow? gravel? asphalt?), the weather (mud or not mud?), the type of roads (fast? twisty?). Rallying is not circuit racing!

It's even more complicated in rallying.

So I really think the idea to equalize the performance level between Super 2000 cars and top Group N cars i very bad.

I think that the fia put this system in place in order to protect the business of Subaru and Mitsubishi because with super 2000 category, they can't sell Group N products anymore. So we can understand the position of the fia on this issue, but I think it's bad.

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc
    It seems polish driver Maciej Lubiak will run in a Fiat Grande Punto S2000 next year !!

Can someone translate the article on top of page on http://www.autoklub.pl ???

On the same site above, there's another article mentionning the VW Polo S2000 and Gregorz Grzyb...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And nobody to translate!