Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast
    Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

Official S2000 thread

Let's gather all info conserning upcoming S2000 under this thread. It should be easier to keep up with them.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    So far we have cars from:
    Fiat
    Peugeot
    Toyota
    VW

Maybe from:
    Ford
    Honda
    Skoda

Dacia and Lada, are they continuing the projects, or are they dead ?

Anyone else ?
    Keep It Simple Stupid !

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    I have to say, I've never been convinced about S2000, and for the first two legs in Wales I was totally disappointed as it looked pretty terrible and didn't sound too good either.

However, on SS16 and the last time I saw it, it looked and sounded awesome Alister was very comitted and if they all go like that, then I'm all for it! Much better than group N cars.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    I have to say that Toyota's S2000 look lik a mom's car comparing to other S2000 projects. But the sound I bet was excellent
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was impressed by the S2000 toyota at weekend certainly sounded alot better then the group N it would be good to see manufacturers supporting it and get some close competition going.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    As many of you might know I am not a fan of s2000 and I will tell you why.
    I agree that WRC cars have become very expencive and it would be a good idea to replace them in the long run with a cheaper formula. But it must have a turbo charged 2000 engine or atleast 2500 NA engine.
    s2000 is just too slow for the price, it is hardly faster than a group N car on gravel and even if it is slighly faster, then surely it does not justify the price gap of 100 000 euros, between group N and s2000.
    Also s2000 does not have enough torgue for 4WD system, it should be RWD - lighter, more spectacular and probably as fast as it currently is, atleast on tarmac.
    The history of the Ford Focus WRC http://web.zone.ee/focushistory/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Why not intoduce an S3000 class, that will sort the torque issue out and drasticlly inprove the sound.. ie remember the whail of the 6R4? We'll have the popping banging WRC cars and the roaring N/A 3000's, nice variation to wet everybodies pallet lol

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaanus
    As many of you might know I am not a fan of s2000 and I will tell you why.
    I agree that WRC cars have become very expencive and it would be a good idea to replace them in the long run with a cheaper formula. But it must have a turbo charged 2000 engine or atleast 2500 NA engine.
    s2000 is just too slow for the price, it is hardly faster than a group N car on gravel and even if it is slighly faster, then surely it does not justify the price gap of 100 000 euros, between group N and s2000.
    Also s2000 does not have enough torgue for 4WD system, it should be RWD - lighter, more spectacular and probably as fast as it currently is, atleast on tarmac.
    I second this totally!

S2000 cannot ever replace WRC-cars. That is the fact. If S2000 can replace or it has to replace one class it should be considered to be N-group. But ok, if S2000 is just one group more, then it's more than welcome.

But please folks, don't even consider replasing WRC -cars with S2000. That's just stupid.
    Blessed are the woodheads since when the flood will arise they won't drown.

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Sorry to tell that, but S2000 are faster than GrN and S1600 on TARMAC

And remember IRC 2007 will be mostly run on tarmac(by more than half of the championship)...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc
    Sorry to tell that, but S2000 are faster than GrN and S1600 on TARMAC

And remember IRC 2007 will be mostly run on tarmac(by more than half of the championship)...
    And WRC is a way faster in TARMAC than S2000.
    Blessed are the woodheads since when the flood will arise they won't drown.