Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bruno Saby definitly retiring

Former WRC driver Bruno Saby definitly ended his racing career. He drove for BMW's X-Raid in the Basja Spain, and in the second leg pulled on the brakes and decided it was enough.

Saby, 59, drove for Lancia and Peugeot Talbot Sport before he joined Mitsubishi in the rally raids, winning the Dakar Rally with co-driver Dominique Serieys in 1993. He drove rally raids for Mitsubishi, Protruck, Volkswagen (winning the 2005 FIA Cross Country World Cup) and last year replaced Colin McRae at BMW.

Saby entered the first of his 39 WRC rallies in 1973 and took his maiden victory in Corsica during the halcyon days of the FISA Group B category in 1986. He also won the 1988 Monte Carlo Rally, before switching to the exciting discipline of Cross-Country rallying after the 1991 Lombard RAC
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I still consider Saby to be one of those drivers, who could have been an allrounder. But he was at age on the peak of his career and circumstances in rallying weren't ideal for him either at that moment I think.

Sad he leaves now. I Would have liked to see him performing on the new "Dakar" Rally next year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bruno Saby claimed also the 1978 French Rallycross Championship with an Alpine A110 1600. And in the 1988 French Rallycross Championship he drove a Lancia Delta S4 to become the runner-up to Champion Guy Fréquelin who drove a Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 E2.
    RX = You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Has anyone heard anything about his reasons to quit during the Baja Spain? In this story http://www.marathonrally.com/news/ba...r.10075.0.html there is talks about troubles within the team. Perhaps it was only the team that announced Bruno’s retirement…
    RX = You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!

Wearing the charming IDee jewelry

Wearing the charming IDee jewelry, your mood will be bright everyday. The IDee jewelry is worth possessing!Please view our website athttp://www.ideewomen.com/ to get a better idea of our products. We will be happy to give you a quotation upon receipt of your detailed requirements.