Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, 'spect we'll know for sure in a couple weeks. Throwing stuff out there is speculative until it's announced. Considering that the IRL, promoters, TV, dates available, weather on dates available, where sponsors want to go, where competitors want to go, where many fans want to go, it would seem that any speculations could put one ahead or behind at any time during this process.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    So?

I don't care what Wikipedia or the US Census says.
    I care what the sponsors say and Sparta Ky is Mid-West. It is accross the river from Ohio.

We can argue about Ft Worth being mid-west with no consensus
    But there is no way Ft-Worth is Southern.

Most of Kentucky isn't the South and wasn't a confederate state, But Texas sure the hell is Wanna ask my uncle from Texas sittin next to me?
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd like to see Motegi run the Road Course
    The Milwaukee Mile may be shut down, so move it up to Elkhart Lake
    Portland is a great road course and needs to come back
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    Most of Kentucky isn't the South and wasn't a confederate state, But Texas sure the hell is Wanna ask my uncle from Texas sittin next to me?
    I always thought Texas was just...Texas, they weren't really apart of anything.
    Most posters on this forum can't think past their own screen names...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cleveland, Portland, Road America, Mont Tremblant........
    :champion:car Continuing since 1909
    http://www.youtube.com/user/champcar4ever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    jimi, for 2009, those four are probably near the bottom of the list of choices, based on all the criteria I posted previously.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    I'd like to see Motegi run the Road Course
    The Milwaukee Mile may be shut down, so move it up to Elkhart Lake
    Portland is a great road course and needs to come back
    Hey, come on, if you want to have a road race in japan, go to Suzuka. Honda owns this track too, so it should be no problem...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The gold coast indy at the beginning of the year is not ideal. The Formula One race is also on during the beginning of the year, and is basically the same target market. The october timeslot has become very strong within the Australian sporting calendar, just at the end of the football season and before the cricket fires up, it has the attention of the Australian sporting public, which can be used to explain the big numbers (as well as the party atmosphere)

The race is also a V8supercar round, and the Indy race has become a good post-bathurst street brawl. It will be hard to re-arrange it for an early year start because the v8's are on equal billing as the ICS.

I'm not too fased when it comes to the rest of the schedule as all i know is that it will be on at 3am in the morning :P:
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    CART 750HP YES spot on,

Night race at cleveland, Road AMerica would be good and so would would Portland.

As for many roo many races in the MindWest, what does it matter if they are well supported?????
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mason-Dixon_line

There is a map in this link that places Florida, Kentucky and Texas into the category of sometimes included as part of the South.

That said, Kentucky was a slave state until after the war. The Confederate States of America also claimed it as their territory, even though it never formally succeded.

But the real test is to tell a Kentuckian that he isn't part of the south. I did that once, and I won't do it again.
    "For 80 years this place has run on tradition. From today forward it will run as a business." - Tony George (Failed businessman)