Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Israel isn't a civilised country though.....
    Yeah like you'd know with biased media being your only connection to the middle eastern conflict.
    I bet the closest you've ever been to the region is by watching a BBC news bulletin...
    באמת הלכת לגוגל לתרגם את זה? פראייר

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have been to the region, but what's wrong with BBC?
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew
    It's all about your point of view. I'm sure in Lebanon it wasn't mentioned however in Israel it was. Just as much as information about Israeli soldiers might be left out of Israeli news, where as it might be heavily mentioned elsewhere (not that I have examples)
    That's not correct. Every case of a soldier misusing his authority/force gets on the news. The soldier isn't called a hero but thrown to jail:
    http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/902880.html
    Mind you this border patrol soldier commited robbery and attacked a person, malicious crimes yet not offenses something I'd compare to cold hearted murder.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rani
    Yeah like you'd know with biased media being your only connection to the middle eastern conflict.
    I bet the closest you've ever been to the region is by watching a BBC news bulletin...
    Hahhaahhahaahahah the BBC has the reputation of being one of the least biased news services.....

Israel and the Arab people in the region are like a bunch of kids. They don't want to fight but neither wants to be the first to say "**** this I can't be bothered with all this pointless killing, lets sort this out"
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rani
    That's not correct. Every case of a soldier misusing his authority/force gets on the news. The soldier isn't called a hero but thrown to jail:
    http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/902880.html
    Mind you this border patrol soldier commited robbery and attacked a person, malicious crimes yet not offenses something I'd compare to cold hearted murder.
    But to the Lebanese, every Israeli soldier is just as bad to them as every Hezbollah fighter and supporter is to Israel and Israelis. To you if an Israeli soldier kills a Lebanese person, the soldier was just doing his job, just using his authority but to the Lebanese the soldier is a murderer.

I know it's hard to understand, but that's the way it is, there are always 2 sides to the story.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Hahhaahhahaahahah the BBC has the reputation of being one of the least biased news services.....

Israel and the Arab people in the region are like a bunch of kids. They don't want to fight but neither wants to be the first to say "**** this I can't be bothered with all this pointless killing, lets sort this out"
    "We are biased, admit the stars of BBC news..."
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-BBC-News.html

"BBC confesses bias on religion, politics"
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=52574

"BBC admits: We are biased on religion and politics"
    http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...318582,00.html

If this is your take on the Arab-Israeli conflict, either your knowkedge on the subject is very limited, or you just view the population in the region as dumb and primitive. Do you think that had Daniel become PM of Israel or Head of Hizbuallah this bloodshed would stop?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    But to the Lebanese, every Israeli soldier is just as bad to them as every Hezbollah fighter and supporter is to Israel and Israelis. To you if an Israeli soldier kills a Lebanese person, the soldier was just doing his job, just using his authority but to the Lebanese the soldier is a murderer.

I know it's hard to understand, but that's the way it is, there are always 2 sides to the story.
    Had Samir Kuntar been heralded as a hero for killing many SOLDIERS (or killing civilians by mistake - clearly not the case here) or doing his job while fighting and targetting military, I wouldn't have posted this, as I think it's legitimate.
    If I (or any other ordinary Israeli) were to hear a soldier who murdered an innocent 4 year old was to be returned to Israel in an exchange for other captives, I would not celebrate it I'd hope he stays in prison to rot.

Do you see the difference? This is what I don't get, hatred so deep that killing a child is seen as a grand deed.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    agree on one thing, there's a huge difference between killing someone on a war and killing a 4-year old!
    while in my view no-one is a hero in those situations, I understand the whole "war hero" stupidity but c'mon a hero for killing a 4-year old?
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Drew, I never saw this coming from you. I expect this kind of moral relativism from some others on this forum, and in daily life, but I didn't expect it from you. I must say, I am very disappointed. That certain Lebanese and Palestinian people hold the view of this man as a hero speaks only to the evil and hatred in their hearts and minds. Regardless of any alleged wrongs commited by the Israelis, this man has commited actions which, were they done by an American soldier in Iraq, many here would be screaming bloody murder about. Being an apologist for those who esteem this man and his actions is the worst kind of rationalization, and I use the term in its perjorative sense.
    I work for profit!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I never stated my opinion in this, of course I don't think he's a hero, I think he's just scum, I can't see at all how you could kill a little child.

But my point was that love and hate run deep, so deep that you can forget key things...