Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    No other riders or team personnel that I know of have criticized Stoner either as a person, rider or manufacturer's/team-owner's front-line man nor have I seen or heard a direct quote from a fan Stoner has either shunned or been rude to.

If people want to blindly believe heresay from journo's and commentator's articles or comments or take on board personal opinion(s) or interpretations of rumours without any form of corroboration then so be it.

Ma pappy always said "Believe nothing of what you hear, half of what you read, three quarters of what you see and only what's been verified!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wasn't it somebody like Plato who didn't believe anything whatsoever that his senses told him, only what he could deduce using pure logic?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmchairBikeFan
    Wasn't it somebody like Plato who didn't believe anything whatsoever that his senses told him, only what he could deduce using pure logic?
    Ok, this is getting to deep for me.

Wasn't Plato the offsider of Mickey Mouse.

Garry

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I thought Plato drove in the BTCC, busy bloke obviously
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I thought that Plato was that stuff that kids play with. Oops, thats Playdough I do not believe half of it. Casey can come across as arrogant at times, but he is just focusing on the job at hand IMO. Sure, he may have thought that Vale dusted him up, but, he is not the only rider to spit the dummy after a race he feels he should have won. I am sure he will just get his head down and carry on with the business.
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There are 2 kinds of rider. Those that do their bitching in front of journalists, and those that do their bitching behind closed doors.

What are your thoughts about the following FIM rule in relation to "that pass" at Laguna Seca? FIM Rule 1.21 Behaviour During Practice and Race

"3) Riders should use only the track and the pit-lane. However, if a rider accidentally leaves the track then he may rejoin it at the place indicated by the marshals or at a place which does not provide an advantage to him. Any infringement of this rule during the practices or warm up will be penalised by the cancellation of the lap time concerned and during the race, by a ride through. Further penalties (such as fine-disqualification –withdrawal of Championship points) may also be imposed."

That pass

What are your thoughts about the following FIM rule in relation to "that pass" at Laguna Seca?

FIM Rule 1.21 Behaviour During Practice and Race

"3) Riders should use only the track and the pit-lane. However, if a rider accidentally leaves the track then he may rejoin it at the place indicated by the marshals or at a place which does not provide an advantage to him. Any infringement of this rule during the practices or warm up will be penalised by the cancellation of the lap time concerned and during the race, by a ride through. Further penalties (such as fine-disqualification –withdrawal of Championship points) may also be imposed."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Richardson
    What are your thoughts about the following FIM rule in relation to "that pass" at Laguna Seca?

FIM Rule 1.21 Behaviour During Practice and Race

Will assume that this refers to the Corkscrew incident so will throw my interpretations in for discussion.

IMO, VR was fractionally in front or equal with CS when they started the corkscrew (CS had been in front entering the braking zone). VR ran in hot and stodd up slightly thereby forcing CS to do the same. VR ran wide and off track to rejoin in front of CS.

IMO, I suspect that the rule you mention is not intended or aimed at incidents of this nature but rather a rider 'short cutting' and rejoining or a rider who 'runs through' a gravel trap type of scenario.

It could be argued that VR did gain an advantage as CS was forced wide on VR's re-entry to the circuit but IMO that was a consequence of the incident/re-entry and not a deliberate attampt to gain an advantage. As such I do feel that there was no penalty warranted by officialdom.

But I will say that for me, that very moment was the defining moment of the race as it showed the pure will and determination that VR had with him on the day and highlighted to CS that this was going to be a fight. Again, I felt that this was the pivotal moment for the race.

Garry