Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    1 Stoner
    2 Rossi
    3 Edwards

RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gco0307
    For me, Laguna is very difficult to predict as no one rider or make of motorcycle has ever really dominated so it is one of those circuits that make it difficult.

On form one would have to say CS but for some damn stupid reason I also feel that CV could really cause a major upset given his past performances on both WSBK and last year.Throw into the mix the US riders, Rossi, an injured Pedrosa an increasingly healthy Lorenzo and it gets more difficult so here goes.

Stoner
    Rossi
    Dovisioso/Edwards/Hayden - so hope it is Dovi
    Garrry
    I'm hoping for Dovi too..

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neninja
    I'm really looking forward to this race. Hopefully it'll be some really close fought racing with no mechanical gremlins deciding matters.

Laguna does seem to be a leveller and often serves up a few surprises. Hopefully Nicky and Colin will be up front and able to put on a show for the fans. Based on his current form I do expect Casey to win the race but not by much.
    clearly the best answer, look for me uphill of the bridge on tv

Also Rossi hates the track because in his words (repeatedly to local press) the track is too dangerous because it is impossible to walk on the track at the corkscrew without falling down....

My suspicion is that the corkscrew messes with the mind of some riders so that they are a bit thrown off....OTOH, last year, Stoner seemed to have gotten over the "messing with the mind"......one reason that locals do well, is their famialrity with the track, plus the dust issue (as sometimes the track gets dust from the wind), that can change the traction a bit from one lap to the next, hence another reason why TC plays a role in Seca....and gives an advantage to those who have ridden it over the years...
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm not so sure that track messes with the riders as much as some think. Rossi has performed well here. last year was all about his crap tires, but before that, he podium-ed. Marco once fell three times in 2 days, then rebounded to have a podium last year. Stoner won when he had the bike to win and will do the same this year. He was never going to contend for a win in his first year on the LCR honda. The riders can learn laguna fairly easily, if they follow someone who knows the track. Sachsenring is more technically challenging for new riders, according to james toseland.
    mmmmm, makes a nice sandwich. a nice sandwich.

CRUNCH!!!!!!! QP times
    Stoner laps below 1.21……must have sat on a hot chilli-pepper.

1 1 Casey STONER 1'20.700
    2 46 Valentino ROSSI1'21.147
    3 69 Nicky HAYDEN[ 1'21.430
    4 48 Jorge LORENZO 1'21.636
    5 52 James TOSELAND 1'21.848
    6 14 Randy DE PUNIET 1'21.921
    7 5 Colin EDWARDS 1'21.947
    8 7 Chris VERMEULEN 1'21.971
    9 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO 1'21.974
    10 24 Toni ELIAS 1'21.999

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T-D
    I'm not so sure that track messes with the riders as much as some think. Rossi has performed well here. last year was all about his crap tires, but before that, he podium-ed. Marco once fell three times in 2 days, then rebounded to have a podium last year. Stoner won when he had the bike to win and will do the same this year. He was never going to contend for a win in his first year on the LCR honda. The riders can learn laguna fairly easily, if they follow someone who knows the track. Sachsenring is more technically challenging for new riders, according to james toseland.

rossi has overcome it but all you got to do is watch him do it slow and easy down the corkscrew for the first couple of practices
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Richardson
    CRUNCH!!!!!!! QP times
    Stoner laps below 1.21……must have sat on a hot chilli-pepper.

1 1 Casey STONER 1'20.700
    2 46 Valentino ROSSI1'21.147
    3 69 Nicky HAYDEN[ 1'21.430
    4 48 Jorge LORENZO 1'21.636
    5 52 James TOSELAND 1'21.848
    6 14 Randy DE PUNIET 1'21.921
    7 5 Colin EDWARDS 1'21.947
    8 7 Chris VERMEULEN 1'21.971
    9 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO 1'21.974
    10 24 Toni ELIAS 1'21.999
    there is only one word for that...

WOW!
    Casey Stoner: 2007 World Champion

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    sad to see pedrosa out for this race, despite i'm not a big pedrosa fan,
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    yeah hopefully Danni's can comeback next race
    Casey Stoner: 2007 World Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Stoner is on another planet (as Rossi occasionally says)

LAGUNA SECA, California (AFP) — Reigning world champion Casey Stoner of Australia captured his fifth straight pole position Saturday in qualifying for Sunday's US MotoGP.

Stoner, who dominated the free practice on Friday, clocked the fastest qualifying time of 1min 20.700sec.

Stoner, winner here last year, had broken his track record in every practice, and he did it again in qualifying after just nine laps.

His eventual pole position record improved the previous qualifying record by more than 1.5sec.

Italian Valentino Rossi, the Yamaha rider who currently leads the overall standings, was second quickest in 1:21.147, and American Nicky Hayden (Honda) was third-fastest with a time of 1:21.430.

From http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...wAnG4d1fxx0mYw
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"