Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Richardson
    What are your thoughts about the following FIM rule in relation to "that pass" at Laguna Seca?

FIM Rule 1.21 Behaviour During Practice and Race

"3) Riders should use only the track and the pit-lane. However, if a rider accidentally leaves the track then he may rejoin it at the place indicated by the marshals or at a place which does not provide an advantage to him. Any infringement of this rule during the practices or warm up will be penalised by the cancellation of the lap time concerned and during the race, by a ride through. Further penalties (such as fine-disqualification –withdrawal of Championship points) may also be imposed."
    So does the rule apply to Stoner when he ran off track and jumped back in??

Anyway Rossi learned something from Colin ed and put it to good use.
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Quote Originally Posted by gco0307
    Will assume that this refers to the Corkscrew incident so will throw my interpretations in for discussion.

IMO, VR was fractionally in front or equal with CS when they started the corkscrew (CS had been in front entering the braking zone). VR ran in hot and stodd up slightly thereby forcing CS to do the same. VR ran wide and off track to rejoin in front of CS.

IMO, I suspect that the rule you mention is not intended or aimed at incidents of this nature but rather a rider 'short cutting' and rejoining or a rider who 'runs through' a gravel trap type of scenario.

It could be argued that VR did gain an advantage as CS was forced wide on VR's re-entry to the circuit but IMO that was a consequence of the incident/re-entry and not a deliberate attampt to gain an advantage. As such I do feel that there was no penalty warranted by officialdom.

But I will say that for me, that very moment was the defining moment of the race as it showed the pure will and determination that VR had with him on the day and highlighted to CS that this was going to be a fight. Again, I felt that this was the pivotal moment for the race.

Garry

The year that Colin beat troy for the superbike title, he won at laquana seca by getting in front of Troy and using braking and position to ruin troy's drive out of the corners, and to use brakes going in to throw him off. Troy clearly had the faster bike at Seca that year.....Much of this race, it looked like Rossi had learned well those tricks from his old teammate...

Difference was Troy was not whinning after the race, nor was he whinning after what had to be two of the absolute best all time races at the final of the WSBK championship that year.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I hope Storer is not as stack to the Laguna race as some of his supporters seem to be because if he is Rossi will mindf*** him like he did to other riders in the past.

The race is over, Rossi won. Just watch the highlights video again (that MotoGP.com has for free) and enjoy the racing.
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Richardson
    What are your thoughts about the following FIM rule in relation to "that pass" at Laguna Seca?

FIM Rule 1.21 Behaviour During Practice and Race

"3) Riders should use only the track and the pit-lane. However, if a rider accidentally leaves the track then he may rejoin it at the place indicated by the marshals or at a place which does not provide an advantage to him. Any infringement of this rule during the practices or warm up will be penalised by the cancellation of the lap time concerned and during the race, by a ride through. Further penalties (such as fine-disqualification –withdrawal of Championship points) may also be imposed."
    I'm sorry but that's nothing to do with this incident. This is to do with incidents like the one Lewis had a few weeks ago in F1 overtaking and then running out of road and not giving the place back. It's pretty obvious that Rossi didn't mean to go off on the corkscrew. Anyone who did this would have to be an absolute fool as more often than not you'll be the one going off.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    The year that Colin beat troy for the superbike title, he won at laquana seca by getting in front of Troy and using braking and position to ruin troy's drive out of the corners, and to use brakes going in to throw him off. Troy clearly had the faster bike at Seca that year.....Much of this race, it looked like Rossi had learned well those tricks from his old teammate...

Difference was Troy was not whinning after the race, nor was he whinning after what had to be two of the absolute best all time races at the final of the WSBK championship that year.
    Troy isn't a whinger, he just gets on with the job at hand....

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    A few things came from the USGP. One and most important, Vali is not finished, he was stunning. In a slower bike, he gave us the best race in a great many years. While I am sure that Stoner was upset, that he got waxed, If he is honest, he knows he was beat fair and square and if he wants tobeat Vali, he will need to toughen up. The big question, did Vali get inside Stoner's head, if he did, the guy will be hearing huge footsteps, every time he is in front!
    Bottom line, Vali has added some real spice to what was appearing to be a rather average year. Bet the viewership will go up for the next race!
    Webber is the most overrated driver in F1, it is time for him to move over for a better prospect

Quote Originally Posted by Roby44
    Troy isn't a whinger, he just gets on with the job at hand....
    Yes, speaking of hand, it was either that race (with Colin and his Honda) or the race before, (I can not remember which) Troy had fallen and severly busted his hand in practice at Seca, and since it was back in the old days, the old cargo containers for pit boxes, I stood there and saw just how bad and swollen his hand was...as in yuk...but not one bit of whinning was there.

Casey needs to be careful he is not imitating the whining of the 7 time winner of the Indy 500, DP, as someone might toss a towel in his face.....twice Ouch, now that would really hurt!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    It's pretty obvious that Rossi didn't mean to go off on the corkscrew. Anyone who did this would have to be an absolute fool as more often than not you'll be the one going off.
    Yeah, look at Rossis back wheel come round while hes on the grass, and the way he just gets it back onto the track before he crashes probably bringing the two of them down. It was a very lucky / skillful bit of riding but it couldve ended in disaster for them both.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS
    I hope Storer is not as stack to the Laguna race as some of his supporters seem to be because if he is Rossi will mindf*** him like he did to other riders in the past.

The race is over, Rossi won. Just watch the highlights video again (that MotoGP.com has for free) and enjoy the racing.
    Stoner is still in the learning stage on how to respond favorably on the Rossi's game. I hope he will race with more maturity, when someone overtake him it wouldn't always mean that he has to push ambitiously to take it back, wait for the more proper time until it gives him possibility that it is safe for him to perform such doing.