Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

MotoGP - Laguna Seca 2008

I think its time to get over the who's better arguments that are going on lately and focus on the racing so I'm starting a laguna race thread.

No 125 or 250s this weekend.

This is one of the few circuits Rossi never won. Stoner is looking to continue his great form, Pedrosa has been passed fit to race.

2 US wildcard/replacement riders will be looking to take advantage of their track knowledge

The weather is going to be sunny all weekend.

Hopefully there will be some close racing
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I'm going out on a limb and saying it'll be either Nicky or Colin, and expecting a good finish for JT. Rossi has always looked out of sorts and I don't think that the track is a Duke circuit so Stoner will be a bit further back than in recent races.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    I'm going out on a limb and saying it'll be either Nicky or Colin, and expecting a good finish for JT. Rossi has always looked out of sorts and I don't think that the track is a Duke circuit so Stoner will be a bit further back than in recent races.
    Forgotten last year already have we? For mine it will be Stoner from Nicky and Colin.
    Kind of a shame there's no 125's and 250's going to race there but can you imagine the chaos of a horde of 'em going through the corkscrew!
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Chris Vermeulen always goes well at Laguna, wet or dry. He took the double there in WSB in 2004 but unfortunately instead of the Aussie National Anthem, 'Waltzing Matilda' was played...!

Jan, it's not much of a Ducati track...aside from Casey's dominant win there last year! Marco also finished on the podium last year [seems like a lifetime ago], interestingly.

But seriously, home knowledge will play a part so I expect to see Colin and Nicky up there too.
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Edwards definitely a podium favourite. Hayden perhaps not so likely, given the continuing problems he is having with the pneumatic valve motor. Which is a shame, it's always good to see riders having a go at their home race.

Stoner to win, Vermeulen in the top six, probably Edwards and Rossi to complete the podium unless Pedrosa's injuries aren't severe enough to slow him down, in which case he's a definite podium threat.

Lorenzo hasn't been there before as far as I'm aware, so will probably finish midfield in the top ten.

Toseland could surprise; he knows the track and his bike is plenty quick.
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

[quote="patnicholls"]Chris Vermeulen always goes well at Laguna, wet or dry. He took the double there in WSB in 2004 but unfortunately instead of the Aussie National Anthem, 'Waltzing Matilda' was played...!

Vermeulen would have loved it.........There was initially a big push for Waltzing Matilda to be our national anthem.

The song's about a crook who was knocking off sheep (while fully dressed) and jumped into the drink to escape the cops.....I believe he was intending to either sell the sheep to one of our Kiwi cousins (possibly for breeding purposes) or eat the thing.

PS: On the topic, it will no doubt be another top race at LS.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patnicholls
    Jan, it's not much of a Ducati track...aside from Casey's dominant win there last year! Marco also finished on the podium last year [seems like a lifetime ago], interestingly.
    Well I sort of forgot that But the point stands because last year the Ducati was strong in most places where as this year it's been a struggle. I seriously think that Casey will be off the rostrum, here to be proved wrong
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm really looking forward to this race. Hopefully it'll be some really close fought racing with no mechanical gremlins deciding matters.

Laguna does seem to be a leveller and often serves up a few surprises. Hopefully Nicky and Colin will be up front and able to put on a show for the fans. Based on his current form I do expect Casey to win the race but not by much.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    Forgotten last year already have we? For mine it will be Stoner from Nicky and Colin.
    Kind of a shame there's no 125's and 250's going to race there but can you imagine the chaos of a horde of 'em going through the corkscrew!
    Wouldn't that be great!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For me, Laguna is very difficult to predict as no one rider or make of motorcycle has ever really dominated so it is one of those circuits that make it difficult.

On form one would have to say CS but for some damn stupid reason I also feel that CV could really cause a major upset given his past performances on both WSBK and last year.Throw into the mix the US riders, Rossi, an injured Pedrosa an increasingly healthy Lorenzo and it gets more difficult so here goes.

Stoner
    Rossi
    Dovisioso/Edwards/Hayden - so hope it is Dovi

Garrry