Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

WRC in Winter

Ups: Start in August, End in April...

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/r/wm/d/...mmt/index.html

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Again.... they tried that already
    Passion will make you crazy, but is there a other way to live ? :burnout:

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    A joke, absolute idiots. We've heard this before, then it was quite rightly dropped. Why??
    Whatever is their next crazy idea?
    Run Sweden in summer, run Monte Carlo the week after the GP, Deutschland in January, etc
    Why don't they just stop meddling with the WRC? There was nothing wrong with it 10 years ago, now look at it- a right shambles!! You'd think they were trying to kill it off.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    A joke, absolute idiots. We've heard this before, then it was quite rightly dropped. Why??
    What would change so much compared to current calendar?
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I think that could be interesting, because all motorsport series - excluded A1GP and GP2 Asia - are not in action, so it could be a good way to find space on the biggest media, the national networks. Ford's Mark Deans said that TV is a vital aspect to the presence of a Manufacturer in the WRC. If that's the right way, so we've to go to. Thinking about it, even if a tv would broadcast the WRC, it can't do because maybe has Formula 1, WTCC, MotoGP, SBK, etc, and there is no place for "us". In winter, all these series are "sleeping". Think about, people!

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    What would change so much compared to current calendar?
    Exactly, why change if the rallies will be organised on the same dates anyway?

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorsportfun
    I think that could be interesting, because all motorsport series - excluded A1GP and GP2 Asia - are not in action, so it could be a good way to find space on the biggest media, the national networks. Ford's Mark Deans said that TV is a vital aspect to the presence of a Manufacturer in the WRC. If that's the right way, so we've to go to. Thinking about it, even if a tv would broadcast the WRC, it can't do because maybe has Formula 1, WTCC, MotoGP, SBK, etc, and there is no place for "us". In winter, all these series are "sleeping". Think about, people!
    I think they're living in cloud cuckoo land if they think the coverage is going to be better just because there's no other Motorsport taking place. The main reason the coverage isn't very good is because the WRC is a shambles, and is in the main boring. The sooner they realise this the better.
    Why not have 12 rounds, which are all different and interesting, with lots of Manufacturer entries plus lots of Privateers, hopefully providing close competition. That's more likely to get better coverage than moving the season.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    The main reason the coverage isn't very good is because the WRC is a shambles, and is in the main boring. The sooner they realise this the better.
    I don't have any reason to complain about the coverage, we get plenty of it on national media, TV, radio, newspapers, internet just name it. But we do have drivers also in WRC so maybe that's the difference.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rallying here in Italy is present on many channels, but just for news and reports (so 90 seconds or something like that)! Viewers have fun when they see it (in a small cafè, just for a "test", I watched WRC on Eurosport... and the people had fun!), but if there is no time to broadcast any image on major networks... it's normal that people don't know where find drivers and cars involved in the series!

EVERY programme about motorsport, from march to november, talks about Ferrari for the 50% of the time, 30% about MotoGP and Rossi. The minutes left (just someone.......) are for too much series (WRC, WTCC, Fia GT, SBK, Supercross, etc.) to have enough exposition for the Manufacturers. In Winter, simply, that problem wont be.

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    I hated the idea the first time, and I still hate it. I agree with AndyRAC, that it's not the current calendar that is the reason WRC is in problems - is due to a poor TV coverage (among other things).

I think it's fine if they want to run a little more rallies in the beginning of the year and late in the year, but I hate the idea that we have to have 1 season of only 8 rallies. Somehow I feel that that championship wont really count.

PS: And and I think it's irritating calling "driver A" the "09/10 world champion"
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.