Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCfan
    Daniel, go and get a day job, a REAL hobby (and no playing with yourself is not a hobby) then perhaps you will be able to get over your unhealthy obsession with the guy.

Seriously what were you doing putting his family's name randomly in Wikipedia!? That indicates to me you can't even sleep without Conrad being in your head!

So what is his father is tied in with the turmoil over there. As was said, Conrad can't choose his parents...
    I must admit that I gave some thought to where he was getting his money from and did a search on google just after I got back from the Rally of Jordan, I was curious given the fact that I was told unofficialy by someone with good contacts in the WRC that conrad's money was allegedly coming from people closely aligned to mugabe. It does seem stange that the majority of whites have been forced out of Zim, but the allegedly the rautenbachs remain and still have their farm and their other interests have not been nationalized, as I said previously, he doesn't have to accept the money just because it comes from his father.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCfan
    Daniel, go and get a day job, a REAL hobby (and no playing with yourself is not a hobby) then perhaps you will be able to get over your unhealthy obsession with the guy.

Seriously what were you doing putting his family's name randomly in Wikipedia!? That indicates to me you can't even sleep without Conrad being in your head!

So what is his father is tied in with the turmoil over there. As was said, Conrad can't choose his parents...
    Why don't you get a real hobby? (and no being an ignorant jerk is not a hobby)

Of course he can't choose his dad. But he can choose whether or not to accept his dirty money. There's nothing wrong with being the son of a guy like Bill Rautenbach but there's something very much wrong with accepting money that comes from a guy who is involved with Mugabe and other brutal regimes in Africa.

It's sad to see that people like yourself and M.Love have no problem with the fact that the money comes from the opression of people in Africa.....

If Billy wanted to finance a WRC drive for me I'd tell him where to shove his dirty money.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mr Love PMSL

Its Lowe Daniel not Love.

Before all this come about as most of you will know Billy Rautenbach was multiple African champion and what he does along with Mugabe he will have to answer for one day I am not a fan of Mugabe as I dont agree with what he stands for as Zimbabwe should be heading forward and not backwards.

Its a shame Morgan Tsvangirai and the MDC where forced to back down on going against Mugabe as it shows what the people of Zimbabwe want, but Mugabe must be paying his people well to look after him

There will always be people who make money from illgotten ways and thats life unless those that have power can be brought down, but dont have a go at Conrad just because he has is getting the chance to compete on the WRC.

If he gets money from his father so what he wont get that sort of money to put him in the WRC elswhere will he and despite what Billy Rautenbach is any father would do for their son in rallying to get him to the top wouldn't they?, (What Billy Rautenbach is accused or what he has allegedly done then he himself has to answer for that) dont spout off on here attacking Conrad if he's not here to defend himself unless you have personal issues with him Daniel

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m.lowe
    Mr Love PMSL

Its Lowe Daniel not Love.

Before all this come about as most of you will know Billy Rautenbach was multiple African champion and what he does along with Mugabe he will have to answer for one day I am not a fan of Mugabe as I dont agree with what he stands for as Zimbabwe should be heading forward and not backwards.

Its a shame Morgan Tsvangirai and the MDC where forced to back down on going against Mugabe as it shows what the people of Zimbabwe want, but Mugabe must be paying his people well to look after him

There will always be people who make money from illgotten ways and thats life unless those that have power can be brought down, but dont have a go at Conrad just because he has is getting the chance to compete on the WRC.

If he gets money from his father so what he wont get that sort of money to put him in the WRC elswhere will he and despite what Billy Rautenbach is any father would do for their son in rallying to get him to the top wouldn't they?, (What Billy Rautenbach is accused or what he has allegedly done then he himself has to answer for that) dont spout off on here attacking Conrad if he's not here to defend himself unless you have personal issues with him Daniel
    Sorry for the typo. Was purely accidental Mr M.Lowe

I don't have personal issues with the guy Before I found this out I thought he was a waste of money and a danger to everyone going to a WRC event. Now that I know where his money comes from I'm just disgusted that he would accept money that comes from such a "dirty" source. Of course people will always get money in illgotten ways. Doesn't mean we have to like it or respect them for it. In all seriousness if you showed me that any driver in rallying from Loeb to the lowliest guy competing in a single stage event was getting their funding from such a morally reprehensible person then I would be here posting the same thread with the names changed.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok good point Daniel

As soon as I heard the name Conrad Rautenbach I knew who his father was and what he was upto in Africa.

Some people do think he is just buying his way into the WRC but thats the way the WRC is now unless teams are prepared to pay you big bucks.

It never lasts forever and if he dosnt get his works drive he will either carry on some way or another or drift away from the WRC

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    .... In all seriousness if you showed me that any driver in rallying from Loeb to the lowliest guy competing in a single stage event was getting their funding from such a morally reprehensible person then I would be here posting the same thread with the names changed.
    What do you say about this...?

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2008/07/402901.html

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Daniel, What is it about Conrad that irks you so much? It must go deeper than his driving skill or lack of it to cause you to research in this way.. Im curious.

As Roy has just demonstrated, I guess you can find unhealthy associations or dirty money in all major sports if you look hard enough.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico
    I guess you can find unhealthy associations or dirty money in all major sports if you look hard enough.
    thats true, like the criminals use to say, that you are not much of a thief if you dont own a premier legue football team.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy
    I think that's shockingly bad. Did you expect to say it was OK because Total are supporting the works team and they're doing will and not crap like Conrad?

Oil is a dirty business to be in. Especially in this day and age.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico
    Daniel, What is it about Conrad that irks you so much? It must go deeper than his driving skill or lack of it to cause you to research in this way.. Im curious.
    I didn't research It was an email that I was sent. What irks me about Conrad is his recklessness. When it's someone like Colin being reckless you at least see there being a point to him being on the ragged edge because back in his Subaru days he was bloody fast. But Conrad is on the ragged edge a lot of the time and for what? To beat a few of the lesser Grp N cars? When there are good british drivers like Meeke and co sitting on the sidelines doing SFA and you've got Conrad wasting so much money it's almost criminal. Funny thing is a few years ago when the WRC was in better health people on this forum used to bollock the rather safe yet slow Warmbold yet now that there aren't too many cars out there they seem to care about losing a badly driven WRCar from the entry lists. Strange.