Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ferrari's stupity

Well it looks that after my post on MLaren's stupity it's only fair to talk about Ferrari's stupidity as well. I don't know if you noticed but in the last few races Ferrari's personnel seems to be not up to the task. Kimi penalized in Monaco because a mechanic was not done with his tires. And then the muffler incident, and then Ferrari apologizing to Massa for screwing up his final lap. Today instead we have new mistakes: they did not change Kimi's tires 'cause they figured that the sun was about to come out and get everything dry in 10 minutes. How about that!! I am actually getting fed up with their stupity throwing away week afyter week the opportunity to seal the championship. Feel sorry for Kimi, who is putting up with so much incompetence that's actually costing him a championship. We need Schumi back. Oh...man. He truly was the king of the rain. Michael, Michael, please....please.......come back. We really need you bad....Michael....

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    They don't need Michael back. Because their problem is mediocre strategy.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Already discussed problem under other threads, no correct tyres, no Todt and NO BRAWN
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ferrari should beware when the average F1 fan could make better race-strategy calls than they are. Seriously did you not think to yourself during the first pit stop "well, I would have put fresh intermediates on"?
    Formula Platypus 2012

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Maybe they have some advanced weather prediction system made just for them?
    Rather than just looking at the sky and what everyone else was doing they decided to "gamble" on it being dry
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    Already discussed problem under other threads, no correct tyres, no Todt and NO BRAWN
    To put things simple, no brain!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    I think people are being a little harsh on Ferrari. Sunday's conditions were a lottery, and in those circumstances hindsight has made the team look chumps. Perhaps if Todt/Brawn were there they wouldn't have made the calls they did, who knows, but even they didn't get things right every time.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    I think people are being a little harsh on Ferrari. Sunday's conditions were a lottery, and in those circumstances hindsight has made the team look chumps. Perhaps if Todt/Brawn were there they wouldn't have made the calls they did, who knows, but even they didn't get things right every time.
    The problem is that Ferrari got it wrong for a several times already this season and we are only at half of it.
    They made more strategic mistakes in half a season than during the whole MS/Brawn/Byrne/Todt era. :\
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    When they didn't change tyres on the Ferrari, I was screaming at the telly for McLaren not to follow suit.

If I was a Ferrari fan, I would be very frustrated. They have the best car and should be walking it. Still time for them to pull things together.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    The problem is that Ferrari got it wrong for a several times already this season and we are only at half of it.
    They made more strategic mistakes in half a season than during the whole MS/Brawn/Byrne/Todt era. :\
    I don't think you should expect perfection every time. Perfection is not only impossible to achieve, it's also boring in sport and diminishes the spectacle and interest for those of us who aren't rooting for anyone in particular.

You seem prepared to forgive Massa for making the odd mistake, and quite rightly defend him against those who are too critical of his occasional errors based on views formed about him in seasons gone by - why not those responsible for strategy, who have after all got it right in 2008 more often than they've got it wrong?

I suspect that being an armchair pundit, looking on from the sidelines or whatever is a bit easier in these circumstances than actually doing the job.