Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

“Winning is not bad”, says Gronholm after stunning debut victory!!!

Marcus characteristic sentence....

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
    What a beautiful effort from Bosse! And kenneth hansen, who finished second, was the happiest second driver one have seen for some time. It is good for RC as a sort to have a driver like Bosse. And I must lso say that this result shows how good the top rally-drivers are in adopting to new situations, not to talk abt their driving skills of course. Wonder what the result would have been if Loeb had competed in RC aswell...
    Very well said. Just like Stig Blomqvist and Per Eklund, he's proved his adaptability in the rallycross arena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    Is there anywhere to find video of this ERC event and Momarken last weekend online?

If you have Sky Digital and Setanta, it is on Setanta Ireland. I just stumbled across this earlier today. I saw the orange Fiesta and thought it looked familiar, then I realised what it was! He did well, he was hit a few times by the Skoda, but that didn't put him off.
    You lot still here?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    http://www.motorsportmad.com/view/53...-gronholm-wins

As claimed by most of the Swedish newspapers Kenneth Hansen went on his brakes when Marcus Grönholm came out of the alternative route of his Joker Lap. However, without any doubt a sensational Rallycross debut of "Bosse".
    RX = You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Very well said. Just like Stig Blomqvist and Per Eklund, he's proved his adaptability in the rallycross arena.
    You forgot Björn Waldegård, who became the 1974 ERC runner-up to Franz Wurz (daddy of Alexander Wurz).

But I would rate the victory of Anders Kulläng (Porsche Carrera RSR) in the 1977 Swedish ERC round at Vendel-Bergby as well as the 3rd place overall of François Delecour (Ford RS200 E2) in the 1992 French ERC round at Bergerac-Faux even higher, as both where also complete RX novices by then.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rx-guru
    http://www.motorsportmad.com/view/53...-gronholm-wins

As claimed by most of the Swedish newspapers Kenneth Hansen went on his brakes when Marcus Grönholm came out of the alternative route of his Joker Lap.
    Typical swedish newspapers... Markus outpaced them all weekend
    Hvis noe feil på bilen skall kunde ha dette reparert

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    You forgot Björn Waldegård, who became the 1974 ERC runner-up to Franz Wurz (daddy of Alexander Wurz).

But I would rate the victory of Anders Kulläng (Porsche Carrera RSR) in the 1977 Swedish ERC round at Vendel-Bergby as well as the 3rd place overall of François Delecour (Ford RS200 E2) in the 1992 French ERC round at Bergerac-Faux even higher, as both where also complete RX novices by then.
    You're right, I had forgotten all of those! Many thanks, again, for adding to our knowledge.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koppomsbo
    Typical swedish newspapers... Markus outpaced them all weekend
    Not 100% correct. Marcus set the fastest time in the first free practice but was runner-up to Norwegian Sverre Isachsen in the second free practice. In the official time practice Marcus was 27th, due to rain, wrong tyres and wrong set-up, and, therefore, one should forget about that. In the first qualifying heat Kenneth Hansen was nearly 1.5 Seconds faster than Marcus. In the second runs Marcus was fastest, to claim the pole for the A final, but in the third heat Marcus was just 7th fastest. Anyway, it was no need to go faster then as the pole was already safe for him. As one can see in the video Swede Michael Jernberg gave Marcus quite a challenge in the A final – till going into the alternative route of his Joker Lap. However, one can also see in the video that Hansen backed off for a moment when Marcus came out of the alternative route. Otherwise they would have had contact, at least.

On one hand I like very much that Marcus won, as he deserved that victory, but on the other hand it makes the top European Rallycross drivers look somewhat humble – and that was/is simply not the case.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Very happy for him....he showed that competition is still in his blood.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    On one hand I like very much that Marcus won, as he deserved that victory, but on the other hand it makes the top European Rallycross drivers look somewhat humble – and that was/is simply not the case.
    Or maybe this shows the real skill level of the rallycross drivers.
    Aja kovaa Pena.