Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redunderthebed
    I watched that video i had never seen rallycross before what a great spectacle i enjoyed it.

Well done Marcus.
    RX was born on February 4 1967 at Lydden Circuit, Kent, England as a TV show event for invited rally drivers only (the winner was Vic Elford with Porsche 911) and is still the TV spectacle per se. But live at the tracks it is ten times better anyway.
    RX = You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rx-guru
    But live at the tracks it is ten times better anyway.
    Agree, its a good way to spend a day, I was in the past always at Ahvenisto watching the ERC, and the natonal events here was good level and proper cars too.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blimey, what a pity that the Ahvenistolla is no longer used for ERC rounds and had not been chosen as the venue for the 2008 candidate event for a 2009 Finnish ERC round. They went on June 8 to Kouvola instead and I understood that the Tykkimäen Moottorirata was not in favour of those who grant ERC rounds. However, the Ahveniston Moottorirata was always one of my absolute favourite ERC tracks, with a very compact course, nice corners and flowing gravel bends as well as a fine and comprehensible paddock. And those regular visits to my good friend Timo Kittelä (of Rally Systems Oy) at Kellokoski is also something to remember with great pleasure.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blimey, what a pity that the Ahvenistolla is no longer used for ERC rounds and had not been chosen as the venue for the 2008 candidate event for a 2009 Finnish ERC round. They went on June 8 to Kouvola instead and I understood that the Tykkimäen Moottorirata was not in favour of those who grant ERC rounds. However, the Ahveniston Moottorirata was always one of my absolute favourite ERC tracks, with a very compact course, nice corners and flowing gravel bends as well as a fine and comprehensible paddock. And those regular visits to my good friend Timo Kittelä (of Rally Systems Oy) at Kellokoski is also something to remember with great pleasure.
    Yes true, and very good for spectartors as well, easy to get there and to get away after the event + no matter where you did sit you could see easily the whole action, about Tykkimäki I have no idea.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    It wasn't nice when that helicopter rolled down the hill
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    It wasn't nice when that helicopter rolled down the hill
    But that was not during a RX event.

http://www.motorsportmemorial.org/fo...=ms&q=a&n=1534

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    RX was born on February 4 1967 at Lydden Circuit, Kent, England as a TV show event for invited rally drivers only (the winner was Vic Elford with Porsche 911) and is still the TV spectacle per se. But live at the tracks it is ten times better anyway.
    Interesting thanks for the history.I googled it and found a wiki article talking about Australia and how it flopped here sad and surprising considering the great one Peter Brock (RIP ) was one of the early proponents.

I love how the drivers seem to have no fear they just go for it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redunderthebed
    Interesting thanks for the history.I googled it and found a wiki article talking about Australia and how it flopped here sad and surprising considering the great one Peter Brock (RIP ) was one of the early proponents.
    I did about 50% of that wiki article, also the complete Aussie part. However, the wiki article in my mothertongue is much wider and for 95% my work, apart from the more recent pics.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rallycross

Question Laugh or cry as you like

Be sure that you have never had any regrets in your life which only lasts for a few decades. Laugh or cry as you like, and it‘s meaningless to oppress yourself. we strive to do an outstanding in all kinds of our business, and have a success experience ________wow gold to do so for years. Now we supply wow gold on all World of Warcraft EU servers, and have available stock of wow gold Europe on most of the servers, so that we can do a really instant way of delivery.wow gold wow gold http://www.wowgold1000.com