Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    It's quite easy on TV to shout out "FULL WETS NOW!!" but certainly wouldn't want to be the person on pitwall to roll the dice.

That was a tough one to call because it that brief shower happened right at the final pit window.

The teams had a good idea it was a passing shower but you don't have an idea how the track will dry out and necessitate an extra stop for inters/slicks. Full wets are designed to clear water so they won't be too good in damp conditions because you can overheat them.

Rubens was able to consolidate his podium because nobody gambled and virtually a no-brainer.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Every team is secretly jealous of Brawn being the strategist at Honda.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    I won't quite call Barrichello a dog, but his best days are behind him...but he was light years better than button today in the same exact car, against a driver who is usually pretty good in the wets.or maybe yo meant the car which is still awful.

But yes, Brawn deserves a lot of credit and certainly is worth the investment Honda made in him. I too have new found respect for him and it seams obvious that the group of guys around M.Schumacher at the time were all part of his success. What Ferrari are demonstrating now is what many feared would happen with their "Italians first" mentality in key positions, rather than employing the best people regardless of nationality. It is quite unimaginable to think that Jean Todt would have made the same bonehead decisions that ferrari did today.
    Completely agree, the new "Italian" Ferrari team might have the best of the Italians but they are nowhere near the best there is.

Even Todt by himself would have made better decisions than what we saw yesterday.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If Brawn is still with Ferrari, Massa and Kimi would be at least 6~10 points clear of the rest

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kalasend
    If Brawn is still with Ferrari, Massa and Kimi would be at least 6~10 points clear of the rest
    I agree that if brawn were still there, they would not be the laughing stock they currently are.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Why did he leave?
    Was it a personal choice to get out of Ferrari? Some questions should be asked inside Ferrari as to why key personel in their management feel 'life outside of Ferrari' is better than in it.
    Or was it a Ferrari decision to replace him? Even bigger questions about their decision if that was the case.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity
    Why did he leave?
    When his departure from Ferrari was announced the statement said: "After years of hard and demanding work, Ross Brawn has decided to turn his attention to his personal life..."
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    When his departure from Ferrari was announced the statement said: "After years of hard and demanding work, Ross Brawn has decided to turn his attention to his personal life..."
    In the current circumstances, that statement poses more questions that it answers.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    There was obviously rather a fractious environment post Schumacher.

Ross had proved everything with ferrari and perhaps he wanted a fresh challenge?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    I agree that if brawn were still there, they would not be the laughing stock they currently are.
    ROTFLMAO. Leading both titles and they're a laughing stock. How much does Ron pay you? Laughing stock. Just like McLaren who didn't tell their driver to stop for a red light or who left him out on tyres which were down to the canvas last year? Mistakes happen.......
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.