Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    When his departure from Ferrari was announced the statement said: "After years of hard and demanding work, Ross Brawn has decided to turn his attention to his personal life..."
    Standard talk for "he's on gardening leave before going to another team"
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Quote Originally Posted by gravity
    Why did he leave?
    Was it a personal choice to get out of Ferrari? Some questions should be asked inside Ferrari as to why key personel in their management feel 'life outside of Ferrari' is better than in it.
    Or was it a Ferrari decision to replace him? Even bigger questions about their decision if that was the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    There was obviously rather a fractious environment post Schumacher.

Ross had proved everything with ferrari and perhaps he wanted a fresh challenge?
    No matter how good and how important to the success of a team, and Ross Brawn is the best there is, not even Ferrari can stop someone from leaving if they don't want to stay.

It was no surprise to me that, post-Schumi, Ross didn't fancy staying at Ferrari. It could have something to do with a 'fractious' environment, but I tend to believe it was more a case that having made himself a Tifosi legend, having won it all and returned glory to Maranello as part of the 'dream team', Brawn was on a hiding to nothing staying on.

If he'd stayed, then he ran the risk that if things when wrong he would have his credibility damaged. If he'd have moved up to Todt's role, then even if Ferrari kept on winning the credit wouldn't be as great since the successful operation was already in place.

It's also worth considering that, at Ferrari, Brawn wasn't the only big name, and Ferrari were a top team, so implementing his own policies would be a hell of a lot more difficult that the blank cheque/blank paper deal that Honda were willing and able to give him.

I therefore can well understand why he left Ferrari.

I just wish that Baldisseri was half as quick-witted. He appears to be tentative and conservative, but then I suppose that having the quickest car will always make the strategist err on the side of caution. That said, no amount of 'safe thinking' excuses the kind of strategical feck up he pulled out of the bag at the weekend.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    No matter how good and how important to the success of a team, and Ross Brawn is the best there is, not even Ferrari can stop someone from leaving if they don't want to stay.

It was no surprise to me that, post-Schumi, Ross didn't fancy staying at Ferrari. It could have something to do with a 'fractious' environment, but I tend to believe it was more a case that having made himself a Tifosi legend, having won it all and returned glory to Maranello as part of the 'dream team', Brawn was on a hiding to nothing staying on.

If he'd stayed, then he ran the risk that if things when wrong he would have his credibility damaged. If he'd have moved up to Todt's role, then even if Ferrari kept on winning the credit wouldn't be as great since the successful operation was already in place.

It's also worth considering that, at Ferrari, Brawn wasn't the only big name, and Ferrari were a top team, so implementing his own policies would be a hell of a lot more difficult that the blank cheque/blank paper deal that Honda were willing and able to give him.

I therefore can well understand why he left Ferrari.

I just wish that Baldisseri was half as quick-witted. He appears to be tentative and conservative, but then I suppose that having the quickest car will always make the strategist err on the side of caution. That said, no amount of 'safe thinking' excuses the kind of strategical feck up he pulled out of the bag at the weekend.
    Can't help but see your side Tamb and it all seems reasonable. Could very well be the case

Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    Can't help but see your side Tamb and it all seems reasonable. Could very well be the case
    It's also perhaps worth pointing out that having a dog of a car that can't get out of Q3 means that a strategist can be bold with no fear of failure.

After all, if you qualify 16th and have no hope in normal conditions, then a gamble in wet-weather is worth the chance since not gambling just means that you will finsih about where you were expected to.

As an example, the Toro Rosso strategist in charge of Bourdais's plan didn't exactly make any great calls but nobody really noticed.

That's the problem with being 'out front'....people notice your mistakes.