Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd prefer France instead of Spain and New Zealand instead of Argentina for permanents. Otherwise ok.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wim_Impreza
    Yes, me. That is more a circuit race than rally.
    I agree Wim, it has nothing to do with rally.
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Permanent events I would like to see

Monte
    Sweden
    Portugal with a day of tarmac
    Acropolis
    Finland
    New Zealand
    Sanremo with two days on gravel in the Tuscany hills
    GB

Though the manufacturers list is fairly well balanced and pretty sensible given the current WRC climate.

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    I would only change it to have Germany/Spain rotating, otherwise pretty much agree with it
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Greece should be along the permanent events. It has a great tradition and usually great rally. Otherwise it looks good.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c4
    May not happen according to this
    http://www.rallybuzz.com/rally-gb-no-wrc-2010/
    I'm really confused with rallybuzz (great site ) news about 2010 and beyond calendars...

The August-April series scheme that was suggested some years ago (to begin at 2008 if i'm not mistaken) wasn't it dropped ???

With Mr. Mosley president until the end of 2009 (at the case he didn't reminds to make himself perpetual), the FIA 12 events 2009/2010 calendars will be changed ???

I don't like the 24 "rotational united nations" scheme, but this constant changes on the WRC structure it's a major contribute to the "dispromotion" of the series...

My dream calendar (disputed in the convencional civic year format) would be a mixture of charismatic permanent events (including the return of the Safari), alongside other traditional or "marketing purposes" rotational rallys:

6 Permanent: Montecarlo, Great Britain, Kenya, Finland, Greece, New Zealand.

8 Rotational: Sweden/Norway, Argentina/México, Australia/Japan, France/Spain, Italy/Portugal, Germany/Irleland, Turkey/Jordan, Poland/Russia.

Ok, 14 events it's a little over the limit, but 13 it's not a recomended number to a rally series... tareup:
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'd personally prefer to have either all rotating or none, otherwise it's a bit unfair on those not in the European continent (as these events will always be considered more suitable for a permanent spot).

It's a nice idea to have some classic events retained as permanent; to me this would be Monte Carlo, GB and the Acropolis. But on the other hand, it's nice to see what these rallies do on their off year, as Monte Carlo looks to be particularly interesting this year, what with night stages over the Col de Turini and all.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Everyone has normal its own preference, unfortunate enough this is not possible to make it to everyone its sense.
    How does the rally organisers and sponsors see the calendar?
    What is important for the manufactures?
    Who are we to say our opinion here, the fans finally?

Here nevertheless comes my opinion.
    According to me some classic events are certainly ready to disappear or go in the rotation system.
    Personally I would change in some countries the date, I like to see some classic rallys in another season. mokin:
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I also think Catalunya is boring, I prefer Corsica for tarmac or even Mossel's countryside!

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    I really despair, every month a new system gets spoken about. As already said, this August - April season has reared it's ugly head again, Please, NO!!
    The constant changing is doing the sport no favours at all, and in fact just proves what a mess it is in.
    Is it really too hard to have a 12 round Championship with the 'Classics' permamaent ( Monte, Acropolis, 1000 Lakes, GB), and the rest rotated. With the mess the sport is in, I can't believe they're even thinking of dropping the 'Big' events. What planet are they on?
    As for the point about Rallies in the year out - next years Monte looks interesting - though not as much mileage as I was expecting, but Col de Turini in the dark. GREAT!!
    Reading this weeks Autosport, Rally GB isn't definately going ahead in 2010 if it is not in the WRC. I can't say I'm surprised, though it would give them the opportuity to run an 'oldish style' Rally GB with 'Mickey House' stages.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???