Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The WRC engine

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The WRC engine

Anyone know much about the engines?
    Im daamn interested in how these engines is build. I cant find any helpfull information.
    The c4, fabia, 206, xsara, 307 didnt have turbos, did they use same engineblock?
    What ECU, injection, turbos and more.. anyone know anything please write
    Everything is worth to know

I would love pictures and description.
    "if in doubt, flat out"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You can find all the technical data by doing a simple search on Google.

The only road going version of a modern WRC car to feature a turbo charger is the Subaru Impreza.

The power output of all modern WRC cars is limited to 300 bhp (since 1987). All cars run with a 34mm turbo restrictor, if removed, the power output would be nearer 410+ bhp.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Gregory
    The power output of all modern WRC cars is limited to 300 bhp (since 1987). All cars run with a 34mm turbo restrictor, if removed, the power output would be nearer 410+ bhp.
    With a little tuning you could get 700bhp out of the Subaru's setup. Group B kind of power! Kind of makes you wonder how much differend the leader board would be if they threw that thing in the garbage.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saabaru
    With a little tuning you could get 700bhp out of the Subaru's setup. Group B kind of power! Kind of makes you wonder how much differend the leader board would be if they threw that thing in the garbage.

Assuming that other teams would throw theirs in the garbage too...not much different....

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Acctualy Subarus are never used in Rallycross Div 1 beacause it can stand the extreme bhp who is used in those cars... And in Rc a Skoda has dominated the scene for a couple of years now.....
    Hvis noe feil på bilen skall kunde ha dette reparert

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah Skoda is so much more successful in rally cross, they just didn't had a right team for world rally. Here is a thread about the torque output of these engines: http://www.motorsportforums.com/foru...d.php?t=126250

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Gregory
    The power output of all modern WRC cars is limited to 300 bhp (since 1987).
    I always thought that the 300 figure was to be taken with a big pinch of salt? Mainly because you'd have Evos kicking out well over 300bhp and having to believe that they were de-tuned for the WRC
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    I always thought that the 300 figure was to be taken with a big pinch of salt? Mainly because you'd have Evos kicking out well over 300bhp and having to believe that they were de-tuned for the WRC
    Yep, most official figures state 300bhp but its well known that they have considerably more..

Interestingly Citroens technical data states 320bhp for the C4.. I reckon you could probably add another 10-20 bhp or so for a more realistic figure. Come to think of it.. is there anything in the WRC regulations that specifically state 300 bhp? Imo the 34mm restrictor has long superseded the old unmanagable capped BHP idea... but is somehow still a myth of the WRC.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tmx
    Yeah Skoda is so much more successful in rally cross, they just didn't had a right team for world rally.
    They blew their best chance at the WRC when their team boss mouthed off to Colin McRae, I think we all know what happened next. Sometimes you just need to leave your ego at home.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    Assuming that other teams would throw theirs in the garbage too...not much different....
    I know the cars would but what I was saying is, what about the drivers? Would you're more controlled drivers be able to adapt to a wilder driving style and still be able to stay dominant the leader board?