Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    Thanks for once again presenting your opinions as facts.

We are talking about mototrcycles, different ball game. Now back to the question, regarding Casey. As much as he seems a nice kid and is riding the bike well, you can take it to the bank that he is not the second coming, he will not even become Aust best. All that being said, Casey has been in Europe for a long time and has raced these guys and never before has got the better of them. The difference for CS, is clearly the bike and what a great bike it is, it's pull at the end of the long straights is unbelievable.
    There is however a young guy, that is clearly marked for stardom Jorge Lorenza, he I think is the only person than can stop Dani Pedroza, the two are clearly the class of the field when it comes to talent!
    Webber is the most overrated driver in F1, it is time for him to move over for a better prospect

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DezinerPaul
    We are talking about mototrcycles, different ball game.
    Irrelevant.
    Now back to the question, regarding Casey. As much as he seems a nice kid and is riding the bike well, you can take it to the bank that he is not the second coming, he will not even become Aust best.
    Nearly won in that highly second rate bike in '06, in one of his first races.
    Avoid using definites, it makes you look like an idiot.
    All that being said, Casey has been in Europe for a long time and has raced these guys and never before has got the better of them.
    How, then?

Since you will probably use the Pedrosa in 250cc statistic from 2005, lets cover that. They weren't teammates, and four out of the top five in the championship rode Hondas. That suggests to me that Pedrosa was on the superior bike that year.

The difference for CS, is clearly the bike and what a great bike it is, it's pull at the end of the long straights is unbelievable.
    There is however a young guy, that is clearly marked for stardom Jorge Lorenza, he I think is the only person than can stop Dani Pedroza, the two are clearly the class of the field when it comes to talent!
    Oh. So whenever Stoner wins it's because of the bike, and whenever Pedrosa Or Lorenzo wins its because they're the second coming.

Get real.

Considering how Casey Stoner has crushed his teammates, I think thats entirely wrong. Pedrosa can't even put a move on someone unless he's ahead going into the braking zone. He lacks commitment and its damn obvious. And he can't ride in the wet. We will see about Jorge, and whether he will regain confidence.

Ordinary riders do not crush their racewinning teammates like Stoner does.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    We are talking about mototrcycles, different ball game. Now back to the question, regarding Casey. As much as he seems a nice kid and is riding the bike well, you can take it to the bank that he is not the second coming, he will not even become Aust best. All that being said, Casey has been in Europe for a long time and has raced these guys and never before has got the better of them. The difference for CS, is clearly the bike and what a great bike it is, it's pull at the end of the long straights is unbelievable.
    You obviously don't pay much attention because the Ducati is known to be a bit of a dog. Yes it's got straight line speed (although other bikes are closer now) but it's not really that good. Stoner is the only guy that can do anything on the bike while his team mate Melandri and the satellite riders are right at the tail end.

I don't know if you are just fishing but what you just said made you come across as a bit stupid and you will be laughed out of town by most of the regular GP viewers on this forum.

Before Lorenzo can stop Pedrosa, Dani will first have to stop Stoner and Rossi. As Mr Squirrel said Dani struggles in battles, largely because he just isn't very good on the brakes. Certainly Lorenzo and Pedrosa are fantastic riders but I think that Rossi and Stoner are better by a tiny amount. All 4 will probably be world champs at some point in the future but if I was going to lay money on any of them it'd be Rossi or Stoner.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    You obviously don't pay much attention because the Ducati is known to be a bit of a dog. Yes it's got straight line speed (although other bikes are closer now) but it's not really that good. Stoner is the only guy that can do anything on the bike while his team mate Melandri and the satellite riders are right at the tail end.

I don't know if you are just fishing but what you just said made you come across as a bit stupid and you will be laughed out of town by most of the regular GP viewers on this forum.

Before Lorenzo can stop Pedrosa, Dani will first have to stop Stoner and Rossi. As Mr Squirrel said Dani struggles in battles, largely because he just isn't very good on the brakes. Certainly Lorenzo and Pedrosa are fantastic riders but I think that Rossi and Stoner are better by a tiny amount. All 4 will probably be world champs at some point in the future but if I was going to lay money on any of them it'd be Rossi or Stoner.
    Rossi is in the twilight of his career. DP and JL are proven over their entire careers, they are the future of Moto GP. Why do you think that JL was picked as VR team mate, because they feel that he is the real deal.
    As for the Duc being a bit of a dog, fiddle sticks. Don't judge the bike by Marco, the guy had some serious off's and has lost it, shame as he really was starting to sparkle. As for title, DP will very hard to beat this year., he is so consistent, not sure he can be caught!
    Webber is the most overrated driver in F1, it is time for him to move over for a better prospect

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    As for the Duc being a bit of a dog, fiddle sticks.

What is this based on?

Rossi is in the twilight of his career.
    Yup At 29 he's really looking at buying a zimmer frame

DP and JL are proven over their entire careers, they are the future of Moto GP.
    Right, and the current World Champion and 7 times champ aren't?

Why do you think that JL was picked as VR team mate, because they feel that he is the real deal.
    Agreed, as are Pedrosa, Stoner and Rossi.

As for the Duc being a bit of a dog, fiddle sticks. Don't judge the bike by Marco, the guy had some serious off's and has lost it, shame as he really was starting to sparkle.
    Don't judge it by Marco, or anything that is being said by people around MotoGP? Melandri finished 5th in last years championship and is a race winner. Now if we're talking serious offs and losing sparkle the man of the moment is Lorenzo who seems to have no confidence at the minute.

As for title, DP will very hard to beat this year., he is so consistent, not sure he can be caught!
    Yup, 4 points is a lot to make up in MotoGP

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel

What is this based on?

The fact that a guy, who could not win, if his life depended on it, starts winning when he gets on the bike!

The fact that a guy, who could not win, if his life depended on it, starts winning when he gets on the bike!
    Yet a guy who could win got on it and started losing, go figure.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    You are in the wrong forum DezinerPaul. Over here we look at things in a more constructive manner, and respect each others views. Please consider this when you post here please. You have a right to your opinion of course, but please back it up and try not to insult others with outlandish claims.
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxu05
    You are in the wrong forum DezinerPaul. Over here we look at things in a more constructive manner, and respect each others views. Please consider this when you post here please. You have a right to your opinion of course, but please back it up and try not to insult others with outlandish claims.
    Not sure what you are smoking, you sure are not reading what I have said. The fact is I have an opinion, like anybody else, I also guarantee that I know more about racing than most here. You ask me to back up my opinion, yet the person who started this topic, had the opinion, that Stoner was the second coming, without backing it up. As for your condescending attitude, please keep it to yourself.