Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jim mcglinchey
    Nah, I couldnt see Dani dicing it with either of the others in that way.
    My thoughts exactly. I don't think I've seen a bold overtaking move from him since Portugal '06.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alfa155btcc
    How good is Stoner well he and Rossi and when Pedrosa is finally fit then these 3 are by far the best in the world so far, but for me Rossi is probably the best there has ever been and until Stoner equals what Rossi has done then we can talk about how great he is or is`nt.
    mokin:
    Gotta say that I disagree with you on two fronts, the first being that we can readily discuss how great CS is or will be irrespective of his record now or when he retires. But, if one is to compare CS' greatness against VR, then he must produce VR like results and I do not see that comparison being made.

As for VR being the GoaT I have a different opinion (for another subject) but that is because of my personal preferences. In other forums I have opened myself up but I rate the likes of Doohan, Lawson, Rainey and Spencer but readily accept that VR is without doubt the GoaaT in the four stroke era.

That said, I do believe that CS has all that he needs to obtain greatness but doubt that we will see anyone win the number of championships of VR for many a year, specifically because I believe the competition is greater.

Garry

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS
    Rumours want Nakano getting a "good" Honda under him at Brno. A 3rd full factory RCV.
    which has been confirmed today....... http://www.crash.net/motorsport/moto...a_at_brno.html

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    don't think Dani is in the same league as the Doctor and Stoner...
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    The question "just how good is Stoner" the answer Rossi is just in another class. He was brilliant at the USGP, he won on a slower bike, the old fashioned way, he earned it wioth sheer brilliand and guts. Probably the best ride in many years. Did not think anybody could beat Dani this year, Rossi can, if he rides that. So we should stop comparing Stoner to Vali, as he and Dani will never be that good.
    Webber is the most overrated driver in F1, it is time for him to move over for a better prospect

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Yeah, but we need competitive season, not rider benefited from someone else trouble, by virtue of luckiness, or similar reason. Today on the Duke, Stoner has what it takes to handle pressures from Rossi, and otherwise he can give Rossi pressures.

I see him another version of Sete, perhaps Stoner is better in term of natural skill and adjustability riding a bike. Although already in doubt whether Sete can give us expectation for the more entertaining season like Stoner does, I trust him that he can manage a place not too far drifted behind his teammate. We need riders with strong mentality, probably like them.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Lets be honest, Stoner has a brilliant bike, so dominant, nobody can get close. This is clearly the case of the bike making the rider, it is one special machine. Just how good is Stoner, lets see if Rossi has crawled inside his head, the way he did to Sete. Rhetoric means nothing, the answers about how good is Stoner are about to be anbswered, He has the best bike, there is nothing stopping from the title, except himself, we will see!
    Webber is the most overrated driver in F1, it is time for him to move over for a better prospect

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DezinerPaul
    Lets be honest, Stoner has a brilliant bike, so dominant, nobody can get close. This is clearly the case of the bike making the rider, it is one special machine. Just how good is Stoner, lets see if Rossi has crawled inside his head, the way he did to Sete. Rhetoric means nothing, the answers about how good is Stoner are about to be anbswered, He has the best bike, there is nothing stopping from the title, except himself, we will see!

If he has, as you suggest the best bike, why is he not leading the championship?

What are Yamaha the leading manufacturer (in current manufacturers chase)?

Why are Fiat Yamaha the leading team?

Given that Ducati are not leading any of these categories it would indicate that they are not the best bike.

Additionally, both Yamaha and Ducati use Magnetti Marelli electronic systems. Given that Magnetti Marelli are owned by Fiat one could rightly assume that the system supplied to Ducati would not be superior to that supplied to the very team sponsored by the owner of Magnetti Marelli. As such one could assume that the Yamaha team have the equal electronics to that of Ducati and likely have later version (overseas rumours would indicate that Yamah do indeed have a later version).

So, with all that, please do explain how Stoner's bike is the sole reason why he is able to challenge Rossi.

Garry

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gco0307
    If he has, as you suggest the best bike, why is he not leading the championship?

What are Yamaha the leading manufacturer (in current manufacturers chase)?

Why are Fiat Yamaha the leading team?

Given that Ducati are not leading any of these categories it would indicate that they are not the best bike.

Additionally, both Yamaha and Ducati use Magnetti Marelli electronic systems. Given that Magnetti Marelli are owned by Fiat one could rightly assume that the system supplied to Ducati would not be superior to that supplied to the very team sponsored by the owner of Magnetti Marelli. As such one could assume that the Yamaha team have the equal electronics to that of Ducati and likely have later version (overseas rumours would indicate that Yamah do indeed have a later version).

So, with all that, please do explain how Stoner's bike is the sole reason why he is able to challenge Rossi.

Garry

He is not leading the championship, simply because of the problems the bike had early in the year. If there was such parity, as you suggest, how did Stoner blitz the field the last 3 races? The reason that the Duc is not at the top as a Team, is that MM has lost his bottle. It seems that those huge offs have taken their toll. It is no shame that he is winning because of the bike, that is where most of the wins come from. There is such a huge difference between Stoner and Rossi and it was laid out at the USGP for all to see.