Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DezinerPaul
    The Webber/Stoner brigade are out in full force. This year Dani P is the class of the field. Stoner is just not that good, history tells us that, he is just a lucky kid on a dominant bike, end of!
    satire only works when most of the intended audience get it.
    mmmmm, makes a nice sandwich. a nice sandwich.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Webber/Stoner brigade are out in full force. This year Dani P is the class of the field. Stoner is just not that good, history tells us that, he is just a lucky kid on a dominant bike, end of!
    ........still waiting for you to answer my question.....

Why has Dani not won a premier class title yet Deziner?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osg
    ........still waiting for you to answer my question.....

Why has Dani not won a premier class title yet Deziner?
    Thats a silly question to be honest. He only raced for 2 full seasons so far. You wont find many riders that won the 500/MotoGP title in just 2 seasons. Doohan didnt win until his 6th season, and then he won 5 of them
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow, it's the Stoner Fanboys VS the Dani Fanboys. Let's get the West Fanboys in here and really get the thread rocking.
    go speed racer go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS
    Thats a silly question to be honest. He only raced for 2 full seasons so far. You wont find many riders that won the 500/MotoGP title in just 2 seasons.
    I think there are only two - Stoner and Rossi - so it is certainly possible...

Lorenzo was on his way to doing it in his rookie season.

Pedrosa just hasn't shown that he has what it takes, he may get there but not until Stoner is off the scene.
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    That is the biggest bunch of cr*p I have ever heard. My guess is that you have that view because Stone was never worth diddly squat, in those classes.
    I'm not sure about you, but I'd take a single premier class title over three 125cc and 250cc titles any day.

I don't believe anyone doubts that Pedrosa has talent and I hope he learns from his "mistake" which cost him dearly last Sunday and which may result in him either not riding or being affected accordingly at Laguna Seca and dropping even more championship points.

I see his "mistake" as simply trying too hard and over-stepping the limits in the prevailing conditions on this occasion. It can and will happen to the best of them at some stage.

You won't know what the limit is in most case until you exceed it.

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    I'm not sure about you, but I'd take a single premier class title over three 125cc and 250cc titles any day.

You mean the titles he was bust winning, while Stoner was an also ran?
    Webber is the most overrated driver in F1, it is time for him to move over for a better prospect

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You mean the titles he was bust winning, while Stoner was an also ran?
    It's virtually been said in this topic already, but you're not much of a reader are you. I'll write it anyway, as there are plenty of intelligent contributors here to discuss this stuff with, and you'll be gone - again, but permanently this time - before long.

Pedrosa was on the top equipment in 125/250 and Stoner was on a customer bike. Stoner still managed to push Pedrosa all the way to the title.

They both go to MotoGP, same thing - top level bike for Pedrosa, customer bike for Stoner. Similar outcome except in MotoGP Pedrosa was suddenly not the top dog - he was doing a little better than Stoner, when he should have been trouncing him.

One year later and both are on factory bikes. Which one took the title? And which one is ahead in all but points this year.

Rossi rates Stoner as his most fearsome rival to date, which for me says all that needs to be said.
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I personally disagree with your assertion that DP is the 'class of the field' as you say, but readily recognise that it is an opinion to which you are fully entitled. IMO, at this stage there is no true 'class of the field' as the championship is to clase, nor has any one rider dominated the season to date .

At this stage of the championship Dani is not the 'class of the field' as you suggest as (and correct me if I am wrong) he is currently second in the title chase. ergo, he is currently the second best rider in the field (and yes, that does make Stoner the third best rider at this point in the year.

As for CS being a lucky kid on a dominant bike the current manufacturer points tell a totally different story (one that correlates with the Riders championship actually). Currently, Yamaha lead the manufacturers championship with 216 points, followed by Honda (184), Ducati (172), Suzuki (96) and Kawasaki (47). If this is a guide (and it is a good guide) it would indicate that the Ducati is the third best bike in the field by manufacturer.

As for the Teams championship it again follows the previous two situations with the Fiat Yamaha team on 301, followed by Repsol Honda on 244, Ducati Marlboro on 199, Tech 3 Yamaha on 163, Rizla Suzuki on 135, Honda Gresini 102, JIR Scot Honda 90, Alice Ducati 71, Kawasaki 54 and Honda LCR on 30.

The above may mean nothing to some people who are blined either way (be it Ross, Stoner, Pedrosa etc), but they are the current championship standings which are a fact.

Garry