Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast
    Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Consider how MS stats were amassed.....

Building a 'dream team' to suit his needs. Not allowing or having a competetive teammate - look what happened when Jos and Herbert matched his pace in the Benetton.

Look at the quality of the competition (lest we forget the sportmanship and comradeship) in the days of Fangio, Clark and Moss......

Senna had Piquet, Mansell & Prost to beat.....

It focuses the attention when you dig a little deeper.

I am not doubting Mike's ability, just how the stats were achieved.
    Doesnt matter how the stats were amassed. Fact remains, he got them and no one else is even close
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    Doesnt matter how the stats were amassed.
    I disagree
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    Fact remains, he got them and no one else is even close
    I agree.

mokin:
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    Number of starts maybe?

Sorry, that's a silly statement on a few levels.

Let's use our beloved statistics for this one.

Fangio started 52 races.
    Schumacher started 250.

Code:
    Driver        Win Percentage    Pole Percentage   Fastest Lap %
    Fangio             46.1               55.8             44.2
    Schumacher          36.4              27.2             28.4
    There, Schumacher's behind Fangio in every field.

I'll be damned if anyone says Fangio wasn't as good as Schumacher based on 'statistics'.

You're damned then :

I'm not interested in percentages (they are for accountants), but results.

The number of races also shows that MS had to be consistent for a far greater period than the great Fangio had to be. I'll give Fangio the credit that he wasn't a youngster though when he drove, which was impressive

Now back to the original topic of the thread, yes
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    I disagree

I agree.

mokin:
    At least we agree to disagree. Agree

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    Your inability to do anything except accept statistics at face value without ever thinking about why they happened and your frequent double standards in logic make it pretty obvious to me that it is poorly judged. I think more than a few people will agree with me here.

Well if they are standing behind you with support, there is very little for to worry about. Think it's time to give your organ grinder a nudge.
    Webber is the most overrated driver in F1, it is time for him to move over for a better prospect

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DezinerPaul
    Think it's time to give the organ grinder a nudge.
    Mate, what you get up to in the privacy of your own bedroom is entirely your business.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Certainly a opinion and one which will be seen to be right, or not, as time goes on.

I'd say to some extent that Hamilton is a "victim" of the intense spotlight the media puts on people who are made to appear more as celebrities than sports people. It's something that drivers of previous eras didn't have to put up with to anything like the same extent, but it's something he will have to learn to deal with as best he can.

However, you say "that he runs off at the mouth, instead of letting his driving do the talking" but I'd disagree. He very much lets the driving do the talking when he's in the car, and has produced superb performances for one so inexperienced in F1 terms.

The media spotlight is a tough thing to handle, the great ones do and they do it from the start, some are attracted to and act like fools, Hunt was a prime example, some run away like Damon.
    Hamilton is another Hunt in the making. There are a number of young guys that are on the verge of making F1, one of those maybe the next great thing, it sure is not anybody on the grid at the moment, who is showing any signs of brilliance. The "great" Alonso is living proof what a great car can do for a so so driver, Kimi is on the other hand is clearly somebody who will not live up to expectations.
    Webber is the most overrated driver in F1, it is time for him to move over for a better prospect

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    Mate, what you get up to in the privacy of your own bedroom is entirely your business.

It's when he starts nudging the organ grinder in the street that will cause concern.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DezinerPaul
    There are a number of young guys that are on the verge of making F1, one of those maybe the next great thing, it sure is not anybody on the grid at the moment, who is showing any signs of brilliance.
    Must................resist...............urge..... .......to bite.......
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    I was referring to the monkey called squirrel.