Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't understand where all these 'Hissy Fit' comments come from ?? If anyone has a video clip or even quote from Casey having some sort of hissy fit I would love to see it.

From the interviews I have seen he is usually pretty normal when not getting great results. Like any rider he usually says that 'we've had some set up problems, ect ect'. He never blames the team and when he makes a mistake of his own accord he owns up to it.

In the 4 or 5 years that I have been watching him race I have never seen anything close to a hissy fit.
    go speed racer go

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I must agree with Ryan. He always seems very composed during after race interviews, and I have never seen a hissy fit from him. Regarding his fans, perhaps that is something he can work on, but hey, nobody is perfect. Perhaps if he watched a DVD of the late Peter Brock meeting his fans, it would make him understand how to deal with them a little better.
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fatman
    I don't understand where all these 'Hissy Fit' comments come from ?? If anyone has a video clip or even quote from Casey having some sort of hissy fit I would love to see it.

From the interviews I have seen he is usually pretty normal when not getting great results. Like any rider he usually says that 'we've had some set up problems, ect ect'. He never blames the team and when he makes a mistake of his own accord he owns up to it.

In the 4 or 5 years that I have been watching him race I have never seen anything close to a hissy fit.

It has happened and no doubt it will happen again.. Watch and listen to the TV carefully as it got pulled quickly last time..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fatman

Saw it on the TV

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think what we see on tv is just frustration. If you are the defending champ, it would be very hard not to feel frustrated when the bike is not working the way it should. I am not a big Stoner fan, but, jeez the boycan ride. I don't care what he says at interviews, anybody that can leave Rossi in his dust has got my respect.
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxu05
    Regarding his fans, perhaps that is something he can work on, but hey, nobody is perfect. Perhaps if he watched a DVD of the late Peter Brock meeting his fans, it would make him understand how to deal with them a little better.
    Brock was a wee bit older than Stoner. Remember that he's 21, and in many respects is still a kid - he's been focused on what he achieved last year for his entire life. He would have had little - or zero - social life. His exposure to the world beyond the racing of motorcycles would be very limited compared to 99.9% of the population. Yet people expect him to treat people - complete and utter strangers, many of whom have ulterior motives in wanting to get close to him - with the grace and charm of Nelson Mandela?

Sure, same can be said of Rossi's life, he too was racing and winning when barely out of nappies, but let's face it, Italians treat their motorcycling heroes quite a bit differently to Australians. And Brits, it seems.

Look at how Stoner has described Ducati - a 'family'. Says it all really - he's just a big wide-eyed kid who needs to be surrounded by people he can trust. The attitude and expectations of 'the fans' shows a classic example of SLOPS - Severe Loss Of Perspective Syndrome. The Stoner bashers simply need to get over themselves and their self-centred and self-serving mentality.
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd boo Stoner, he's a fair ing whinger..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    it's not the hissy fit in interviews, it's the on-track hiss fits: lashing out at people who follow him, shaking head at anyone who dares come within a couple yards whilst on a quick lap.
    mmmmm, makes a nice sandwich. a nice sandwich.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T-D
    it's not the hissy fit in interviews, it's the on-track hiss fits: lashing out at people who follow him, shaking head at anyone who dares come within a couple yards whilst on a quick lap.
    I call bull sh*t. Unless people are watching a completely different series than me. We've seen dozens of riders shake fists, kick out boots, or other actions which can be classified as lashing out so how come everyone isn't having a so called 'hissy-fit' ?

All this Casey bashing sounds like pure sour grapes. You didn't like the kid before he started winning and now that he is your just grumpy about it.
    go speed racer go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tha_jackal
    I'd boo Stoner, he's a fair ing whinger..
    Don't you mean he is a fair winner.
    go speed racer go