Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

road position/stopping on stage

I noticed that the last thread on this ended with "mud slinging" at different nationalities, I don't want that, please lets be friends.

What I would like is a clarification on the WRC rules.

My understanding is that you can't deliberately stop on stage unless you have a problem, eg a puncture and the like. If this is true, then why wasn't Jari-Matti penalised in Turkey for doing exactly that, stopping on stage with no problem.

I was watching the coverage on Sunday (have to wait a week to get free-to-air TV coverage where I live) and I couldn't believe what I saw and heard, as Mikka actually said stop in english. I consider stopping on stage certainly stretching the rules to the maximum, border line cheating. But slowing down is in my opinion tatical. And in the TV coverage there was an interview with Loeb in which he implied that if he was in situation he would do the same.

Liked 22 Times in 8 Posts
    Well, Latavala "spun" in the second to last corner in Turkey, which can be defined as a "problem". He didn't just stop like Sainz did in Australia 2000. I have asked myself before, why don't more of the drivers fake a spin, stall etc. instead of just slowing down? Yes I know they need to get the time right, but with a little co-ordination from the co-driver, this can be done.
    Rally driver in the Norwegian Rally Championship.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassie
    My understanding is that you can't deliberately stop on stage unless you have a problem, eg a puncture and the like.
    This is what rules say:

19.10 Special stages end in a flying finish, stopping between the yellow warning sign and the stop sign being forbidden; any breach will be reported to the stewards.
    http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public...20markings.pdf

My understanding is that this is the only section in a special stage where it is forbidden to stop. I don't remember if JML was already pass the yellow warning sign but I was wondering also when they stopped if it is ok or not.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    This is what rules say:

http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public...20markings.pdf

My understanding is that this is the only section in a special stage where it is forbidden to stop. I don't remember if JML was already pass the yellow warning sign but I was wondering also when they stopped if it is ok or not.
    I think it was just before the yellow.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As far as I could see JML stopped prior to the yellow board. This was what caught Sainz out when he did it in Australia - stopping between the yellow and red boards.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwssport
    As far as I could see JML stopped prior to the yellow board. This was what caught Sainz out when he did it in Australia - stopping between the yellow and red boards.
    I'm very sure that Ford wouldn't make that mistake again!
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Another thread .... omg
    We have already agreed that FIA should change the rule.
    No more flaming "Ford cheat0rz !" or "hey Loeb cheat0rz too in Mexico !" please, it's so annoying.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Helstar
    Another thread .... omg
    We have already agreed that FIA should change the rule.
    No more flaming "Ford cheat0rz !" or "hey Loeb cheat0rz too in Mexico !" please, it's so annoying.
    who agreed, exactly? I certainly didn't.

But I agree, no more stupid comments.

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
    *rolls eyes*

Right, as I've said before, how many of you emailed Ford and Citroën and complained?
    I assume you all did, and so you probably had the same extremely enlightening (and disturbing) replies that I got, in which case, why is this being discussed?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicpanda
    who agreed, exactly? I certainly didn't.
    But I agree, no more stupid comments.
    Starting with yours ?