Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Yes imo Hamilton did deserve the penalties and he got it (and btw Heikki too deserved his penalty). OK - It's understandable that Hamilton didn't like it but that has nothing to do with if he deserved it or not. He made a rookie mistake again and that’s it.. I think we can expect more mistakes from the guy, he is a good driver but he must be much cooler if he want to be a champ.. That was only one of many mistakes he has done this year and last year.

I’m not even sure that he has what is needed to be a champion. I think McLaren has almost a better opportunity in Kovy – he is a much cooler driver. I didn’t like the "team order" either when Kovy let Hamilton go past. However it didn’t help Lewis, it only showed everyone who is the first driver in the team. Not "that nice" for McLaren (that either).

And what did the team afterwards? Or if it was Ron Dennis private opinion that FIA is against his team??? What in hell is the man thinking? Is there some kind of limit for how many penalties a team can get? I think the only limit is a black flag and disqualification from the race
    Two real racers: Vettel the :champion: of 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Kimi the :champion: of 2007

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    As I see it , Lewis had passed Sebastien at the entry , and then had to take evasive action to avoid a collision with the next car ahead in the chicane .

This fact gives Lewis his stance in the issue of whether Vettel should have been allowed past to retake the position .

However , the fact that Lewis entered the corner with that much more speed , so as to have to avoid a car that was ahead , indicates that he was unlikely to be able to negotiate the turn , as a result of the maneouvre , and thus used the run-off area to gain advantage to make the move .
    His mentioning that the rear end started to step out also indicates the corner was taken too fast .

In that situation , one would imagine him immediately talking to the pits for advice . Ron would speak to Charlie , if , as it seems , it wasn't clear to him , and talks between the stewards and Charlie would be initiated .
    That's not an easy moment , for if Lewis gets too far ahead of Vettel , as happened , and is deemed to have gained advantage , swapping places becomes much more of a penalty than a drive-through , especially if another rival gets around Vettel .

In the end , it would have been better to drop the position than start the discussion at all , as a drive-through was the only option the stewards had to penalize the infraction .
    It was dump 5 seconds letting Vettel through , or risk a drive-through .

5 seconds might have had him still gain a few points .

Hamilton is a hell of a driver , but needs to get a firm grip on his mouth .
    He's showing his rivals his weakness .

His big head is fragile .

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24c2GVlP2Ck

He hits the first apex which suggests Ron is correct that Lewis passed Vettel and completed the move before the chicane
    He actually didn't really got the first apex either , he kind of went straight from along Vettel, tried to hit the first apex while carrying way to much speed, lost the back because he tried to turn in and corrected it cutting over the second part of the chicane.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    As I see it , Lewis had passed Sebastien at the entry , and then had to take evasive action to avoid a collision with the next car ahead in the chicane .

This fact gives Lewis his stance in the issue of whether Vettel should have been allowed past to retake the position .

However , the fact that Lewis entered the corner with that much more speed , so as to have to avoid a car that was ahead , indicates that he was unlikely to be able to negotiate the turn , as a result of the maneouvre , and thus used the run-off area to gain advantage to make the move .
    His mentioning that the rear end started to step out also indicates the corner was taken too fast .

In that situation , one would imagine him immediately talking to the pits for advice . Ron would speak to Charlie , if , as it seems , it wasn't clear to him , and talks between the stewards and Charlie would be initiated .
    That's not an easy moment , for if Lewis gets too far ahead of Vettel , as happened , and is deemed to have gained advantage , swapping places becomes much more of a penalty than a drive-through , especially if another rival gets around Vettel .

In the end , it would have been better to drop the position than start the discussion at all , as a drive-through was the only option the stewards had to penalize the infraction .

Fantastic comment!
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    He actually didn't really got the first apex either
    He was on a different line to the 'mid pack'. As far as I can see he made the first apex.

he kind of went straight from along Vettel, tried to hit the first apex while carrying way to much speed
    He was on the racing line until he closed in too fast on the car in front of
    him.

lost the back because he tried to turn in and corrected it cutting over the second part of the chicane.
    He took avoiding action so as not to run into the back of the slower car in front of him. He was suprised at how slow the other cars were taking the situation and took avoiding action.

The only time that he 'corrected' any oversteer was to settle the back of the car after going over the rumble strip. The move offline was obviously deliberate. Not a result of 'out of control oversteer'.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity
    He was on a different line to the 'mid pack'. As far as I can see he made the first apex.
    If he would have made the first apex than he would have been on the right direction to go for the 2nd apex, this wasn't however the case.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Just popping into this thread to say, yes, yes he deserved the penalty. As a driver I wouldn't have hesitated at all to take my foot off the throttle just long enough to let Vettel back by before re-joining the circuit.
    Formula Platypus 2012

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    He took avoiding action so as not to run into the back of the slower car in front of him. He was suprised at how slow the other cars were taking the situation and took avoiding action.
    I don't remember Lewis saying that! Any link to an article where he states that?!
    he did however say that he lost the back of the car!

The only time that he 'corrected' any oversteer was to settle the back of the car after going over the rumble strip. The move offline was obviously deliberate. Not a result of 'out of control oversteer'.

This is priceless, and pathetic too! The guy actually says he lost the back of the car and had to cut the chicane as a result, however the fanboys are arguing that it wasn't the case!

You crack me up man.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan

Good read Bagwam...

LH clearly completes the pass, his corner entry is fine... but he is overtaking the car in front of him at such speed that he has to take an evasive line to avoid contact.

As the Speed TV (on Fox) commentators said...

"LH didn't gain position over Vettel by cutting the chicane... the pass was already completed...", therefore no penalty should have been assessed.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hamilton got the postion as he went in deep while vettel braked as you should hamilton didnt noing he could straightline it there for okay he came across in front he was going in far to fast and had to cut if he hadnt gone in that fast then vettel would have still been alongside and racing him rookie error from mclaren and hamilton should have let him back bye.
    BTCC-All the Honda's
    WTCC-Priaulx
    V8-Lowndes and courtney