Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilf
    Race winners routinely disappoint me also.
    I'm still waiting for her to get a win against a full field.

Exactly how many podiums, or top 5 finishes, does he have since Motegi?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is why I think she is bad for the IRL.

1. She is not that great of a driver (one win in a smaller field on fuel milage alone even Helio who was told to let her pass didn't know it was for the lead) She has never finished better then 7th in the championship. She never won a single race in the lower levels of open wheel racing and would never have made it to the IRL if she wasn't a women.

2. It is not good for a sport to relay on one player to get fans. What will happen when Danica retires? Will the IRL hope that her fans will stay if there are no women drivers? (this only applies to the fans who like her because of her gender or her looks or both which I would be willing to bet is a large amont of her fans) Will the IRL put a women in the car who has the talent level of Dunno and market her as the next Danica? It is not just IRL or racing that has that problem. Look at how many times people have been named the next MJ in the NBA or the next Wayne Gretzky or Mario Lemieux in the NHL. The NFL has stars notice the multiple not just one star and look at how strong the league is money wise. That is what the IRL needs to do. Market many drivers equally and have them be the drivers who are winning multiple races and are almost always up front. I live in VA and in years past remember hearing radio ads for Richmond and hearing about 20 seconds of the 30 second ad talking about Danica racing at the track and they mentioned Marco and one other driver at the end. How about talking about Dixion Kannan or Wheldon?

3. With all time they spend following Danica in the middle of the pack in no battle for position at all they miss position battles in the front that real race fans would rater see then see and hear Danica complain about how her car is not handeling well.... again.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    To be fair, her win was against most of the sharp end of the season points standings. Couldn't have been too bad.
    This is true, but I think that if Oriol were there, I think he would have done the same thing, and perhaps won.

And that's something we can never know for sure, but if there 26 cars there, odds are increased their would have been a caution in the last fuel run and took the win away from her.

Honestly I don't think she'll get a podium the rest of the year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oriol has run well a few times this season, but to say that he is a threat to win an oval is really overstating his performance and their current equipment. Danica beat all the best oval drivers at Motegi, end of story. Yes, she is on lots of magazine covers and the announcers talk about her too much. She still drives pretty well.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is why she is bad for the IRL

There have been 15 posts to this thread in the last 10 hours. Any other thread come close?

Is she a world beater? Duh! NO!

Is the trophy in her trophy case? YES (although it is awaiting an asterisk to be engraved by MDS)

Do the announcers spend too much time talking and showing her. YES, but only because they are too insecure to believe the race is what most people tune in to see. This is the worst season ever for the broadcast team both for the annnouncers as well as the production team.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilf
    There have been 15 posts to this thread in the last 10 hours. Any other thread come close?
    well, she gets us talking so....how can she be bad?
    I Would Rather Be A Savage Little Elephant, Than Be A Big Bald Bull

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Hmm, sex doesn't sell and turns women away from it? Um, clearly this woman hasn't studied the music industry! I mean, 90% of them can't sing anymore, they copy old songs, the only thing they've got going is their looks and how much clothes they take off. Now lets take someone like Rhianna for example - she clearly uses sex to sell albums, I hate her cos she can't sing to save her life, but my wife and female friends loves her music and clearly aren't bothered by what she does to sell it. This woman should step outside the lab for a little while...
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Been waiting on this.

(NO REFERENCE, IMPLIED OR REAL TO ANY POSTER, LIVING, DEAD, or NOT YET BORN.)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Last time I checked, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by mlj
    Some say if she spent more time behind the wheel and less time taking her clothes off in front of the camera she would be a better driver.
    Maybe A.J. Foyt should make a sex tape.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Since her win at motegi, the Danica haters has really stepped up their game.

They must feel real threatened those male chauvinist morons.