Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Travis hasn't got anything to be a world champ in wrc, except his website...
    R.I.P. Richard

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So many people quick to write off Travis.

He may never be anything in the WRC, but then again, you never know.

His biggest problem is US backers that want him running in the US as well as the PWRC. Combine that with other scheduled events (things that make his living for him) and it is tough.

Realistically he has only been rallying for a couple of years, and hasn't been truly pushed to find the last 15% you need to be sucessful on the international stage. He might be great, he might not.

No sane person can think he should replace Petter right now or in the next year or two. Then again, nobody should write him off after only 5 international events either...
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L5->R5/CR
    Realistically he has only been rallying for a couple of years, and hasn't been truly pushed to find the last 15% you need to be sucessful on the international stage.
    I think Travis is missing the other 85% to be succesful......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    I think Travis is missing the other 85% to be succesful......

I suppose you've never heard the adage: It takes 90% of the time to find the last 10% of the performance.

Besides, shouldn't you be ranting about something or other related to how the WRC isn't worthy of Sebastien's talent or some other such nonsense?
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Travis needs to get his arse into a WRC car. He's starting to get "old" to make his bid for a works team.
    wrc.smugmug.com

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Give Pastrana a 3rd car, he would have crapped all over Pons.....haha
    "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on" - Possum Bourne

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Thing is that right now he is nowhere near to the level required to be top contender. Maybe later. I like TP, but he needs the run more events in WRC.

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duby
    hi all
    as a rally journalist in Israel, i wrote many times that peter solberg should leave the subaru team as he is done there and may try in other teams.
    yes, i know that this may sound bed but think about it- it will take long time till the new car will be competetive and he is losing time .
    also - may be he is out of motovation there after all the years.

i suggested that Travis Pastrana replace him . he is a young driver that will bring the same carizma as solberg did ("holywood") , he is a subaru man allready...and driving well.

what do you think ?
    duby
    This is the problem with motorsport/rally journalists...
    @Duby: Can't you switch your passion and logic thinking? I had studied journalism and I see nothing/less, from what I have learned by sport journalists. This 'knowledge' is a problem for rally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali
    Thing is that right now he is nowhere near to the level required to be top contender. Maybe later. I like TP, but he needs the run more events in WRC.
    Exactly.

I'm not writing Travis off. For the moment it is laughable that anyone would want to throw him into a works seat, let alone replace a former champion. Allow Travis time to develop like Matthew Wilson is doing at Ford.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I dont think he ever will be driving in a worksteam, he dont have the skill, and also there is every year coming a few better drivers than he is to the international level, not to talk about the 30-50 there already is.
    Aja kovaa Pena.