Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Should Travis Pastrana replace Petter Solberg?

hi all

as a rally journalist in Israel, i wrote many times that peter solberg should leave the subaru team as he is done there and may try in other teams.
    yes, i know that this may sound bed but think about it- it will take long time till the new car will be competetive and he is losing time .
    also - may be he is out of motovation there after all the years.

i suggested that Travis Pastrana replace him . he is a young driver that will bring the same carizma as solberg did ("holywood") , he is a subaru man allready...and driving well.

what do you think ?

duby
    http://www.pace-notes.co.il
    [email:14eeau8r]dubymiller@gmail.com[/email:14eeau8r]

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Travis Pastrana is popular among the fans and could be a good publicity for Subaru but he doesn't have anything close to what Petter has even if Petter is already past his prime. If Subaru wants to replace Petter or Petter wants to leave Subaru, there are many other young talent who could take over his seat at Subaru.

But at this moment when the new car is still not fully developed, I don't think young talent is what Subaru is needed. Instead Subaru needs a driver who can develop the car both in testing and on stages.
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion:

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Travis is definitely not good enough. What has he achieved in international rallying?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    as subaru intend to build a new team for next year - Chris will lead the first team and Travis with him .

David Richards said that all the interesting young drivers are under contract.
    he ment that about oggier and michelson i think.

why dont give Travis a chance ?
    http://www.pace-notes.co.il
    [email:14eeau8r]dubymiller@gmail.com[/email:14eeau8r]

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    There are plenty of better drivers without contract. For example Meeke or Wilks. There are plenty faster drivers in PWRC, JWRC or IRC as well. Well, maybe there are money behind Travis but many of drivers are faster and that should be the most important thing in sport.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Travis doesn´t seem that fast yet, think he has got quite a way to go still.
    Winner Best Signature Championship 2007! Winner of BSC 2008! Winner of BSC 2009!

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    No.... he has the same clown skills as solberg but he doesn;t have anything else....i don;t mean to insult you but as a rally jurnalist you should know better than this...Pastrana cannot even win a stage in PWRC

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well in my opinion the only reason Subaru is pushing Pastrana instead of Ken Block, is they are looking for another Colin McRae. Pastrana is a loose cannon in any sport, everything he dose is all or nothing much like McRae’s WRC driving career but he has a long way to go before he can even begin to be compared to Colin. Ken Block is a much more controlled driver and shows allot more future potential in my opinion. As for anyone replacing Petter I don’t think he is going anywhere, he hasn’t passed his prime the old Impreza had though. But if he dose leave Martin should be pulled from testing and put back in the spotlight, a proven WRC driver who has tons of professionalism and control.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No. Travis is a great guy and I have had the pleasure of chatting with him at Rally Mexico 2007. The problem is that charisma does not translate into fast stage times! In order for Pastrana to get on the pace of the top running order of the WRC it will take years. Something similar to what Matt Wilson is doing at Ford through a 4? year program.

Replacing Petter will be difficult. To be honest I think Petter might have lost his touch and motivation after being noncompetitive for so many years. Not even Superman could take such a pounding and tell you he was the same guy as before.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saabaru
    Well in my opinion the only reason Subaru is pushing Pastrana instead of Ken Block, is they are looking for another Colin McRae.
    Might also have something to do with the fact that Block is 41 years old
    And to the "journalist" it's Petter and Mikkelsen not Peter and Michelson
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net