Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    Correct.

When Mario Andretti won his last CART race, he was a year older than Harry Gant was when he scored his victory as the oldest driver to ever win a NASCAR Cup race.

Their ages at their last wins were Andretti 53 and Gant 52 as I recall.
    awesome

Now, did anyone care about the age of the drivers back then?

I know i didnt (and the fact that i was 8 does not matter)
    I Would Rather Be A Savage Little Elephant, Than Be A Big Bald Bull

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur
    I don't get it! Paul Tracy is past its time in Open Wheel and it is not going to change. His ego will have to catch up with his driving capacity and some spectators will have to realign their understanding with reality. Open Wheel racing is far more demanding on drivers compare to NASCAR 's where time reaction is not as critical. NASCAR is more of a game where drivers have to have a good mixture of driving capacity with the mastering of all the idiosyncrasies attached to oval racing in tight packs and at fairly limited speeds. A few very good NASCAR drivers would not even fit properly inside an Indy car and certainly would not have the stamina to fight through a race where very hard braking and the critical timing of it would already throw them to the back of the field, not even mentioning all the intricate phases of cornering and traction. The great majority of the Canadian spectators are going to a race for the show, not for a Paul Tracy or another driver. Everyone on this planet is aware that athletes are retiring, at one point. When a driver cannot catch up with any of his temporary team mates and after a few years of decline, it might be time to move on and check if one of the NASCAR teams can provide him the income he is still looking at having for a few more years. Nothing wrong with that. But please, let's stop the drama. Canada will survive without Paul Tracy (residing in Las Vegas by the way) and the few spectators that are following closely driver's names might have to focus on the new generation, and why not, helping them to move up instead of whining about some now old stories.
    WOW
    I guess the FIXATION statement applies to your rant.

What ever happened to the statement that the reason open wheel was failing was because the BIG NAMES were not together. Well they are together and where is one of the big names, TRACY?

Unlike Mario in his late years, Tracy still is a threat to take the pole position in qualifying. Unlike Mario in his late years, Tracy has been able to be top six on the grid.

Like Tracy or not, fans at the track never counted Tracy out in qualifying or his chance to win the race.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It appears that Danica Patrick fans don't want to make it any harder for her. I can't blame them.

But at least admit this is your reason for not wanting a talented driver to enter the series.
    "For 80 years this place has run on tradition. From today forward it will run as a business." - Tony George (Failed businessman)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Why does the "helmet" have to show up in almost any thread?

PT torched lots of bridges, said lots of outrageous things, bashed the IRL, is now past his prime, and somehow thinks he still deserves a top ride? With his history and age, he should be glad to be able to race anything. No doubt he is entertaining and his wrestling mask last year was almost priceless, but he isn't at the top anymore and there are lots of driver who have a future who are looking for rides. He has a past. There comes a point when every driver retires. Sometimes it is by choice and sometimes it is circumstance.

It is time to build the drivers of the future, not dream about the drivers of the past. Let PT gracefully take his proper place in racing history and let us remember him at his best, not as a aging driver trying to cling to a career and being known for his clowning around and not his talent.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am a huge PT fan and have been for many years. You want reality tv, then how about Danica jumping in PT's face. Most of us realize that skill is important for our series, but unfortunately, skill and ability are no longer the key to racing in this day and age. Marketability, then skill, is the key factor. PT is popular and can sell tickets, and that is why Walker and TG want him in Edmonton.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogelio
    TG want him in Edmonton.
    And the promoter. Walker is just the vehicle.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by !!WALDO!!
    And the promoter. Walker is just the vehicle.
    The "throw-us-under-the-bus" team? PT and Walker got ***** by the merger.