Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WTCC Reverse 8

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp3 Astra
    If there's a rule, it's there to be bent. I don't personally think it's a good rule for the BTCC, but anyone who tries to stay back and get the pole is just taking advantage of the crazy rule! Nothing "slimy" about it at all
    Exactly

It's a stupid rule, but any driver who doesn't use the rules to their advantage isn't doing their job.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
    Long times ago I saw a WTCC race and it looked very interesting. I tried to know sth more about series and found out these stupid rules. Reverse order on grid to 2nd race is of course stupid, but there is also a ballast added to cars depends of what type of engine competitor use - I don't know details could someone explain it to me?. For me such a rules make the series no longer sport but the show. I' would very like to watch WTCC (it's like F1 to tourism cars) but those absurdal rules prevent me from it. Would you imagine in F1 with similar ideas? 100 % agree with Robinho and Bdunell this should have no place in serious championship. I really don't know why FIA ruin this super racing and changed into show.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    The BTCC 'pick a ball' system may look incredibly tacky, but it is really the only fair way of doing a reverse grid and avoiding people deliberately dropping back into a certain position. Doesn't mean I like it, though.
    well, it may be a bit 'tacky' but at least it isnt as bad as when they first introduced the idea, with that rubbish 'spinny pointer' thingy or whatever it was. in concept it is a silly idea, but the racing produced is fantastic, and it makes a drivers job less easy, especially if they are trying to win all three races in a weekend.

so to me, i except this slightly silly concpet because of the exciting results.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think teh BTCC system works fine - reversed grid shakes things up and the lottery prevents drivers only fighting for 8th.

Very well thought through

WT
    Winner 2012 F1 Fantasy Racers at fantasyracers.com. Winner 2013 FGP.

Never stop believing...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasted Talent
    I think teh BTCC system works fine - reversed grid shakes things up and the lottery prevents drivers only fighting for 8th.

Very well thought through

WT
    It does work very well, its just the selection process that lets it down! If it wasn't live on ITV4 we wouldnt even see the draw!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like the reverse grids because it stops one man winning every race (unless you copy Mr Plato in 04!) I think it keeps the racing close but the WTCC is generally useless because there are way too many rule breaks for the cars...
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Did anyone watch the first race in Macau over the weekend? About three or four cars deliberately slowed down to try and finish 8th.

The sad part is that was the most interesting bit of the whole race

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    if they are going to reserve the grid then reserve exactly half that finished.... 20 finish and 10 get reversed. Give even more of the mid-field a chance
    I've got friends racing all over the world.... good luck to you all.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by havk
    Long times ago I saw a WTCC race and it looked very interesting. I tried to know sth more about series and found out these stupid rules. Reverse order on grid to 2nd race is of course stupid, but there is also a ballast added to cars depends of what type of engine competitor use - I don't know details could someone explain it to me?. For me such a rules make the series no longer sport but the show. I' would very like to watch WTCC (it's like F1 to tourism cars) but those absurdal rules prevent me from it. Would you imagine in F1 with similar ideas? 100 % agree with Robinho and Bdunell this should have no place in serious championship. I really don't know why FIA ruin this super racing and changed into show.
    You said it. The FIA tend to ruin every championship they run. They ruined the DTM back in 1996 and it went to the wall. They tend to get involved when they shouldn't and make up rules and change them constantly throughout the season.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    it is not a case of ruining it but trying to appease everyone.
    Just remember that in the BTCC Mr Gow just puts out a safety car whenever he feels like it.
    I would prefer tweaks and other interventions than see the same car or brand winning every race by a mile
    I've got friends racing all over the world.... good luck to you all.