Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Gear!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazell B
    Before it was scripted it was funnier by miles, which would make it unscripted when it was at it's best cosmicpanda

Okay, they used to know roughly what they'd say and do, like all TV, but the banter was natural vefore. Not so now.
    Each to their own, I guess. I'm far happier watching new episodes than re-runs, though, even though I do have to watch it on youtube, split into seven parts

As to the other matter of the races always being close - I seem to remember the race to Oslo not being close, same with the North Pole.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    Do we believe?
    NO WE BLOODY DO NOT!!!

As you all well know, they filmed the silver Alfa with James May months AFTER the 'race' against the man walking the Humber flats was filmed. I posted about it at the time as they filmed outside my field (which isn't even on the route they claimed to have taken ).

If it's real, how come normal, everyday things like breakdowns, injury, dire weather, broken cameras, failed film, sound difficulties, blah blah, don't happen unless they're for 'comedy' purposes?

Pull the other one, BBC
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I also remember some peeps here saying similar things about the Stig racing to Knockhill while the TG team assembled a kit car. If memory serves, the reason the Stig was never shown arriving at the track is that the two segments were filmed on seperate days.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Clarksons reviews are always the same. He does on for ages about how good a car it is.. Then goes no it is actually pants.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Clarksons reviews are always the same. He does on for ages about how good a car it is.. Then goes no it is actually pants.
    I think he's right though in a lot of cases.

The Alfa has a shedload of style and bucketloads of class but as a car to take on a racetrack there are better cars for less.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    If memory serves, the reason the Stig was never shown arriving at the track is that the two segments were filmed on seperate days.
    The one where May flew a light plane and Clarkson drove was also over at least two days, but I can't remember how I know that. I used to know somebody who went out with a part of the team, so she may have told me. Anyway, one of them (Hammond I think) had clearly had a haircut between getting on and leaving the dingy, which they tried to hide with a windswept look

As for Clarkson being right when he says the same thing each week - so what if he is? He's a journalist, a person who's paid to say things in an interesting manner, not just repeat the usual set routine.

It's astonishing he doesn't find them all astounding :
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Jeremy wasn't wearing a seatbelt in the Terios. How long till there is a complaint about it?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And that piece of rag that was covered in fox piss was on in some shots and not in others :

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew
    And that piece of rag that was covered in fox piss was on in some shots and not in others :
    Maybe it was covered in mud and grass so that you couldn't see it because it blended in!

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew
    You noticed that too eh? . Yes it was definitely not there half way thought the film, then it came back.

I think it's one of those ones which were shot over several days, notice you never saw the hunt and the car in the same shot together.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums