Page 66 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Gear!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Predictable and boring IMO, even if the banner tearing/wrong message thing was amusing.

As for people getting offended, I don't get it. I honestly didn't see or hear anything that I would consider offensive, but then again lots of people these days fly off the hook and get offended rather quick. Plus, I'm guessing many are not aware of or used to Clarkson's humor much, and probably only watched the show as a one-off because it was about India.

As for his comment about the stomach issues, that's a fact. I'm an Indian, and when I go home after a year or two of eating bland European food, the spicy curries are a shock for the system and it takes two or three days to get used to it again. And again, I'm guessing Indians who got offended about the stomach issues part, haven't actually experienced it, because living in India and eating spicy food on a daily basis, their bodies are perfectly suited to it and they'd assume that salt-and-pepper eating foreigners wouldn't have any problem also.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Nowt wrong with squatting over a hole - apart from the fact you have to remember to take your own tissues or sore knees if you're constipated.

In fact, even highly developed parts of Asia like Hong Kong or Japan there is a likelihood of public toilets being the squat type.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    4 straight episodes that I've thoroughly enjoyed watching. What's wrong with this picture?

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    indeed
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    4 straight episodes that I've thoroughly enjoyed watching. What's wrong with this picture?
    The series so far has been very good. A happy mix of jokes and fooling around with informative entertainment. I thought The Sweeney film last week was great, as was the film from China a couple of weeks ago. It's quite astonishing how quickly car ownership is expanding out there!

Not sure if it is for this series or the next, but a colleague from work was skiing in Val d'Isere a couple of weeks ago and saw James May with a film crew and a Mini rally car. It seems there is going to be some sort of race up (yes, up) a ski slope!

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleJumper
    Not sure if it is for this series or the next, but a colleague from work was skiing in Val d'Isere a couple of weeks ago and saw James May with a film crew and a Mini rally car. It seems there is going to be some sort of race up (yes, up) a ski slope!
    hehe reminds me of a small "incident" at a winter tyre launch event in Sierra Nevada a few years back
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    That's a nice place to do an event, though (assuming it was Tahoe).

no, very nice but not as nice as Tahoe... near Granada in southern Spain
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Slash is recording this week in SiaRPC. May pop down and see what he's up to.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I'd say that is the best Top Gear in a long, long time IMO. Chris Evans and his Ferrari collection, Slash and Raikkonen and a fairly sensible delivery without the cheesy acting. Shame its the last one in the series, but I did enjot it.
    Me too, it was excellent. Just pure quality British television.
    “Leave me alone!”