Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team AFM news?

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts

Team AFM news?

Just wondering if anyone had heard any news on the Team AFM entry and when we will be seeing it? Ive had a look on the site but theres nothing there so far and it would be great to see the car out competing.

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    They're hoping to have Rick Kerry out for the final four rounds. No Nick Leason.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nick is very much involved and they will be out,fingers crossed.
    You Live And Learn!

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cazvxr
    Nick is very much involved and they will be out,fingers crossed.
    Ok, the news I'd read on it suggested they were going to focus on just one car for Kerry for the last four meetings this season; then maybe 2 for 2009.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The plan (which I am sure has been posted before) is that Team AFM WILL appear at Snetterton for the last five meetings...

Both Rick AND Nick will race the BMW until the end of year...

That's what Rick told me..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would be surprised if Nick Leason didn't appear as he's been heavily involved in all of the development work that has meant them not yet appearing in '08.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi Everyone, firstly I would like to say a big thanks for still supporting us and thinking about us. We are still very much involved and will be back in the BTCC. But its been a hard and frustrating season for myself and Rick as we want to be out there racing in the BTCC, but also know the development we need to do to get it right and it's just a case of being patient.... To give you an update we will be testing early June and looking to get out for the second part of the season, depending on how the testing goes of course.

What some people don't realise unfortunatley is how hard it is to be in the BTCC. Myself and Rick are not wealthy and work very hard 24-7 to be competing at the highest level and are very dedicated in what we can do with the resources we have. Until the day a sponsor comes along and produces a cheque for 500k we will continue to compete with the best we can and hope people will support us in this. We both feel the BTCC is the best championship and that's were we want to be if we can.

As well as my website www.nickleason.co.uk we have now set up a new team website www.teamafmracing.com and will be puting updates on both. I just prey our testing will go well and we will see you all very soon.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cheers for that Nick, looking forward to seeing the cars back on track pretty soon!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi Nick. Good to hear from you and thanks for taking the time to post on the forum. I wish you both the best of luck developing your car.
    I know you don't have the budget of Seat, but it must give you encouragement to see other diesel powered cars doing so well.
    Yer comes number one, goin' in the can, or down the pan, or in the pot, or whatever they say in recordin' terminology

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Any Chance of getting one of the cars out for Oulton?

Its just i'm a great supporter of the mid-grid privateers and Im going along to Oulton Park and i'd love to see to more BMWs out in the field.
    Please ignore ALL of the above....