Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roby44
    A friend of mine is all over come with joy at the thought of Sete back racing in MotoGP!!

And you guys think I'm bad when I go on and on ?? about My Roby!! You should hear her about Sete!!

I think that is acceptable. If she went gooey over Fogerty, Hodgson or Heehaw, we would have to throw away the key to her straight jacket
    You though Roby, are still under review :
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As far as I'm concerned, Sete was stunningly quick during the 2 years when he was fighting Valentino for the title. A damn sight quicker than certain guys who have won the championship this century. (No, I don't mean Stoner.) There's a good case for Sete to be classed as one of the best riders never to have won the title, since anybody who takes wins off Rossi fair and square on an identical bike and tyres is no monkey. It was mental toughness that he lacked, not talent.

Having said that, what the hell is he doing back in MotoGP? The only way is down for him. Casey, Dani and Horrhay are in the sport now, it's no place for people who used to be quick. If he couldn't hack Rossi messing with him, what'll he do with these kids who just don't care who you are or what you've done in the past?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roby44
    A friend of mine is all over come with joy at the thought of Sete back racing in MotoGP!!

And you guys think I'm bad when I go on and on ?? about My Roby!! You should hear her about Sete!!
    This is unacceptable. Sete is far from attractive.

case and point
    go speed racer go

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    He looks like he's dressed up for the Gay Mardi Gra
    Sandra O is YUMMY

[quote="ArmchairBikeFan"]As far as I'm concerned, Sete was stunningly quick during the 2 years when he was fighting Valentino for the title. A damn sight quicker than certain guys who have won the championship this century. (No, I don't mean Stoner.) There's a good case for Sete to be classed as one of the best riders never to have won the title, since anybody who takes wins off Rossi fair and square on an identical bike and tyres is no monkey. It was mental toughness that he lacked, not talent.

I agree with your comments.
    In regard to his testing for Ducati, my understanding is that he may possibly join the team as a "test rider' rather than any thoughts of his returning to race in Motogp. His experience would be an asset to Ducati.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxu05
    I think that is acceptable. If she went gooey over Fogerty, Hodgson or Heehaw, we would have to throw away the key to her straight jacket
    You though Roby, are still under review :

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fatman
    This is unacceptable. Sete is far from attractive.

case and point
    He' ll have needed a hair cut since this photo was taken or he couldnt squeeze into his size 57 helmet.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well Sete did a 1'51.7 today - quicker than both Guintoli and Elias had gone at the recent race and only .5 off Marco's best race lap.

Not bad for someone who's been off a bike since Oct 06

Ducati have a difficult decision to make now

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    That's mighty quick for a Mardi Gras float
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    -- Ducati World Superbike and MotoGP test concludes at Mugello

Troy Bayliss and Michel Fabrizio (Ducati Xerox) have this evening completed three days of testing at the Mugello circuit, on board both the Ducati 1098 F08 and the new F09 development bike.

Throughout Wednesday and Thursday Bayliss clocked up 640 kilometres, completing 124 laps, on his F08 machine, with the team testing different settings and identifying two new set-ups that will be tried at the next World Superbike round in Misano next week. Fabrizio meanwhile rode the F09 development bike, gaining familiarity with the new components and testing new things ahead of the coming season. The team also worked to find various set-up solutions and test suspension settings of the new machine.

Troy Bayliss 1m52.8s (Ducati 1098 F08 - race tyre)
    "It's been very useful testing here this week, ahead of the Misano race. We've worked on the settings of the bike to overcome the problems I felt I was having at Nuerburgring. The high track temperatures meant we weren't so fast but I completed a lot of laps, around 450 yesterday and nearly 200 this morning so, even though I'm tired, it's been worthwhile coming here. The sessions have given us some important data and so I hope the work we've done here comes to fruition next week in Misano."

Michel Fabrizio 1m52.1s (1098 F09 - qualifying tyre)
    "The testing here has gone well . I've been riding the F09 and have really done some laps, 1154 kilometres, that's 220 laps over three days! We've been working hard and so I'd say we've learned a lot about how to continue with the development of this new bike. We've definitely had a productive few days, also in terms of my own professional growth as it's been great having the opportunity to work so closely with the development team."

TIMES: Bayliss (Ducati Xerox 1098 F08) 1m52.8s; Fabrizio (Ducati Xerox 1098 F09) 1m52.1s

-- Gibernau throws a leg over the Ducati MotoGP machine as three day test gets underway at Mugello

The third and final day of testing for Vittoriano Guareschi and Sete Gibernau concluded today at Mugello, with the Spaniard taking advantage of good weather conditions to clock up 50 laps and record a best time of 1'51.7.

After two days of changeable weather today the sun finally stayed out and allowed the pair to get through the entire programme of work they had scheduled for the GP9.

"I want to say thanks to Sete, who over the past two days has helped us get through a huge amount of work on the GP9 alongside the irreplaceable Vitto", declared Filippo Preziosi. "Despite a long period of inactivity (Sete had not ridden a race bike since October 2006) he's adapted quickly to the unusual role of test rider and put himself through a lot of the toil that we usually reserve for Vitto! Now we'll sit down with Sete and evaluate whether there'll be another opportunity to test together."

"This has been a really wonderful gift from Ducati!" added Gibernau "It has been a real pleasure to get back on a MotoGP bike and over the past couple of days I've had first hand experience of what a tough job Vitto has and realised just how good he is at it. Now I want to go home and reflect on how I feel about things. Then, together with Ducati, we'll see if want to arrange another test."