Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Former NASCAR official suing NASCAR for discrimination

Article

Uh oh

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This one dosn't sound good at all, but you never know she could just be a disgruntled employee looking for revenge.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's disgusting to know that a lawsuit like this is still necessary in 2008.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1329
    It's disgusting to know that a lawsuit like this is still necessary in 2008.
    Who knows if it’s necessary or not, have you read the allegations? Some of them are a little farfetched. If they are true some people need firing, but unless she took a tape recorder around with her and has audio evidence I don’t know if I would believe it or not. Why would it take her getting fired to come out about this, and why hasn’t any of the other people she talked about already done something? I know that I could be wrong but it all seems a little sketchy to me. All I’m saying is that I wouldn’t make any rash decisions until it goes to court.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saabaru
    Who knows if it’s necessary or not, have you read the allegations? Some of them are a little farfetched. If they are true some people need firing, but unless she took a tape recorder around with her and has audio evidence I don’t know if I would believe it or not. Why would it take her getting fired to come out about this, and why hasn’t any of the other people she talked about already done something? I know that I could be wrong but it all seems a little sketchy to me. All I’m saying is that I wouldn’t make any rash decisions until it goes to court.

What he said. Hope much of this is exaggeration or invention. Trouble with any relaxed conversation in the workplace, there will always be someone who will take offence at something. But if these allegations of sustained abuse are right, then heads need to roll. Banter and abuse are two things. Hope this is not just a case of trying to grab a sack of easy cash. Will give race rights people another headache if these allegations turn out to be wrong.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colinspooky
    What he said. Hope much of this is exaggeration or invention. Trouble with any relaxed conversation in the workplace, there will always be someone who will take offence at something. But if these allegations of sustained abuse are right, then heads need to roll. Banter and abuse are two things. Hope this is not just a case of trying to grab a sack of easy cash. Will give race rights people another headache if these allegations turn out to be wrong.
    Ummmm..... All I was saying is don't judge a book by it's cover, wait untill you read the story. One of the easiest ways for a minority in the US to stir things up is to play the race card. It happens all the time, there are people who make a living off of it. But it would be a bad day for everyone if thats what is going on, every time something like this happens this country takes a step backwards. It would be a sad day to find out she did this just for an easy payday. But the timing on this, the random allegations, the fact that she put up with this for so long without doing anything, and the story of what happend between her and the security guard (why she was fired) being skiped over like it was is just a little suspicious don't you think? But if its true NASCAR should have to pay her every peinny she would have made in her career, plus offer her a better job (not that I would take it if I where her), and pay punitive damages.

This hread is a ticking time bomb and everyone should be very very careful about what they say.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Saabaru - I was agreeing with everything you said.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saabaru
    Geez, fella. Take a pill and unwind yourself.

According to some of what I'm hearing this lawsuit is based on trumped up BS. I would hope so.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1329
    Geez, fella. Take a pill and unwind yourself.

According to some of what I'm hearing this lawsuit is based on trumped up BS. I would hope so.

Erm, that's kind of what he was saying. Not sure why all this aggro when you are both pretty much saying the same thing.

And not all of us are in a position to be "hearing" things. Which means we would tend to opt for a line of caution rather than mention things like "trumped up BS" with any confidence.

Just saying.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colinspooky
    Saabaru - I was agreeing with everything you said.
    I thought so but I wasn't sure. I just wanted to clear the air and close any gaps in what I said so no one coud try and make me look like something I'm not. I think I'll go and checkout another thread now...