Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe that's why Ireland got to vote!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Cummins
    You too guys! With exams finishing soon, I can focus on motorsport [and, em, politics apparently :] again!
    Are you doing the leaving?

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    It's funny. I've got a Northern Irish friend who's uber-interested in politics as well. Is everyone from the emerald isle interested in politics?
    I wouldn't say most people are properly interested. A lot of people I know tend to support a certain group or person so they become part of a following, not because they actually care. But thats not just with politics.

Quote Originally Posted by SOD
    Are you doing the leaving?
    I am, just have music on Thursday agus sin é. Táim chríochnaite.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    you guys are screwing up you whole series of countries and trying to have one giant garbage can like we have. Bad Choice. You used to have a whole series of world charm and very interesting people, fun, proud people. now you are trying to herd everyone around a shove sauerkraut and kidney pie up the asses. Go back to the good old days. Let Portugal be Portugal and Italy be Italy.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You mean the good old days of the dictatorships, Fousto?

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    yea those days - with coups too - underground spy sh!t - sleazy hookers in stilletos - Guards at the border to keep out the riftraft - fake passports - yea those days. Hell this democracy is not working look who we have to vote for.
    No smoking - $10,000 dui's for having a couple of drinks.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I wouldn't say most people are properly interested. A lot of people I know tend to support a certain group or person so they become part of a following, not because they actually care. But thats not just with politics.
    Just seems that most people from Ireland/NI that I've met or talked to seem quite interested and not just because they support one particular group or something
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am, just have music on Thursday agus sin é. Táim chríochnaite.
    Wow, it was only a few years back and you were just starting.

Comhghairdeachas agus Maith thu!

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Just seems that most people from Ireland/NI that I've met or talked to seem quite interested and not just because they support one particular group or something
    That's fair enough. Remember, you would be talking to adults, I'm still a teenager so I suppose that explains it. I should have mentioned that.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fousto
    yea those days - with coups too - underground spy sh!t - sleazy hookers in stilletos - Guards at the border to keep out the riftraft - fake passports - yea those days. Hell this democracy is not working look who we have to vote for.
    No smoking - $10,000 dui's for having a couple of drinks.
    Sometimes I think that, sometimes I think I wish I was living in Spain during the Franco era. Then I think it's probably better to live in a crap democracy than a crap dictatorship. Either way you're gonna hate something about it, but at least in a democracy you can openly say it's rubbish