Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If it's true that RHR had to pit....well it doesnt make it his fault but questionable judgement. If He didn't have to pit then Marko should have given him another foot and a half. No way that RHR had time to brake, and there is a reason he hit the white line. Mostly, a racin accident.
    There is no substitute...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    week in and week out it becomes even more clear to me

marco is a punk and cant drive

he said something like
    "some people can ride close"

bah!, if he was in ryans position, i guarantee he would say "he cant drive, he should have gave me more room, but thats why some drivers can ride close and some cant"
    I Would Rather Be A Savage Little Elephant, Than Be A Big Bald Bull

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxmach
    If it's true that RHR had to pit....well it doesnt make it his fault but questionable judgement. If He didn't have to pit then Marko should have given him another foot and a half. No way that RHR had time to brake, and there is a reason he hit the white line. Mostly, a racin accident.
    It is always a wonder to me how rumors begin, such as RHR having to pit, when the internet makes finding facts so easy. IndyCar.com lists the pit summary for every race. RHR's last stop was on the same lap as Dixon, Helio, Marco and others. It was going to be close for all of them, but if RHR was going to have to pit, Marco was equally likely to have to pit.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Beachbum, I don't know if the announcers were right, but they did say that RHR only took tires on his last pit. If that's the case, and he was going to have to pit before the end, racing Marco like that was idiotic.

Ryan was running a very good race for Rahal, but he was also loose and all over the track. He got more aggressive than his car could take at the end, even if it was at least partially Marco's fault. I'm totally happy to blame Marco for ****ing up, just look at his incident with Scheckter last year at TMS... or look at half the races this season or last. But I do not think Marco was primarily the one at fault here. If Marco made a major mistake, it was dealing with Dixon about a minute earlier and going way too high.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickfalzone
    Beachbum, I don't know if the announcers were right, but they did say that RHR only took tires on his last pit. If that's the case, and he was going to have to pit before the end, racing Marco like that was idiotic.

Ryan was running a very good race for Rahal, but he was also loose and all over the track. He got more aggressive than his car could take at the end, even if it was at least partially Marco's fault. I'm totally happy to blame Marco for ****ing up, just look at his incident with Scheckter last year at TMS... or look at half the races this season or last. But I do not think Marco was primarily the one at fault here. If Marco made a major mistake, it was dealing with Dixon about a minute earlier and going way too high.
    If he only took tires, he should have already been out of fuel unless he was running extreme fuel conservation. He stopped at 153 and 168. Since the most anyone had run on fuel was 61 laps (RHR), he should have run out about 214-215. 10 laps under yellow would stretch that, but the crash was at lap 222, already 69 laps. Considering the other teams thought that 60 laps (including about 6 laps under yellow) was going to be close, it is hard to think RHR could go 69. In another forum, it was reported that his team thought he was good to the finish. I don't always believe the announcers, especially when they don't have time to double-check the facts. There was more than one time where they got the reports backwards.

The blame game will go on forever as fans support their favorite driver. But at some point, you have to look not at the one event, but at the number of incidents or close calls. Marco has developed a history of dive bombs and unexpected moves that have even caught out his teammate (Kanaan at Indy). A driver that is unpredictable is going to get in a lot of incidents. Sooner of later, this was bound to happen. While we will never know, I wonder if a contributing factor was RHR being caught by an unexpected pinch by Marco. He all but said as much when he stated Marco had been high all night and then suddenly dived low. If you don't know what the driver beside you is going to do, I would think you tend to give them more room. Certainly more than the 6 inches or so he had. Another factor is that any open wheel driver with a brain will do almost anything to prevent wheels interlocking. If RHR though Marco was going to continue coming down, he had few options. On the other hand, by now he should know about Marco's driving "style" and expected almost anything.

Overall, still a racing deal. Two cars occupying space where only one could safely fit.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum
    If he only took tires, he should have already been out of fuel unless he was running extreme fuel conservation. He stopped at 153 and 168. Since the most anyone had run on fuel was 61 laps (RHR), he should have run out about 214-215. 10 laps under yellow would stretch that, but the crash was at lap 222, already 69 laps. Considering the other teams thought that 60 laps (including about 6 laps under yellow) was going to be close, it is hard to think RHR could go 69. In another forum, it was reported that his team thought he was good to the finish. I don't always believe the announcers, especially when they don't have time to double-check the facts. There was more than one time where they got the reports backwards.

The blame game will go on forever as fans support their favorite driver. But at some point, you have to look not at the one event, but at the number of incidents or close calls. Marco has developed a history of dive bombs and unexpected moves that have even caught out his teammate (Kanaan at Indy). A driver that is unpredictable is going to get in a lot of incidents. Sooner of later, this was bound to happen. While we will never know, I wonder if a contributing factor was RHR being caught by an unexpected pinch by Marco. He all but said as much when he stated Marco had been high all night and then suddenly dived low. If you don't know what the driver beside you is going to do, I would think you tend to give them more room. Certainly more than the 6 inches or so he had. Another factor is that any open wheel driver with a brain will do almost anything to prevent wheels interlocking. If RHR though Marco was going to continue coming down, he had few options. On the other hand, by now he should know about Marco's driving "style" and expected almost anything.

Overall, still a racing deal. Two cars occupying space where only one could safely fit.

Well, maybe Tony Cotman still has big enough Kahuna's to do something about this if it continues....
    :champion:car Continuing since 1909
    http://www.youtube.com/user/champcar4ever

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Looks like a racing incident because both were at fault and both racing hard.

RHR got a wheel on the white line/transition and loses it just as Marco comes down on him. Marco shoulda given RHR more room in to T3.