Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greg Moore

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Greg Moore

Last night Fox59 here in Indy did a little piece on the great late Greg Moore, they talk about his great car control he had and they ask the question, what if the split never happen, how many Indy500 rings would he had on his hand.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice to know Moore isn't forgotten. He was my favorite driver, along with Alex Zanardi. Of my four original favorites (NASCAR drivers Davey Allison and Alan Kulwicki), Zanardi is the only one who is still alive...

It's still a big disappointment to me to have never seen Greg Moore race at Indy. You can only wonder what could have been, and I believe that it would've been something great. Sadly, we'll never know.
    Support your local short track! If you don't have one, build one!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As many as Dave MacDonald would have had.

NO REFERENCE, IMPLIED OR REAL TO ANY POSTER, LIVING, DEAD, or NOT YET BORN.)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Moore would probably have more championships than Helio.
    \"If you have a problem with what I\'m doing, talk to me, get it all out, then shut up.\" - Juan Pablo Montoya
    \"I tell ya, if my name was \'Juan Pablo Montoya,\' everyone would just kiss my ass!\" - David Letterman
    \"That was a mugging.\" - Tommy Kendall \"You can\'t spell \'fiasco\' without the FIA.\" Those are shark gills, not shark fins! Get it right!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Champcar4life
    Last night Fox59 here in Indy did a little piece on the great late Greg Moore, they talk about his great car control he had and they ask the question, what if the split never happen, how many Indy500 rings would he had on his hand.
    And how many trips to Monaco royalty would have had if he decided to
    jump the pond?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think after a two year stint at Penske he would have made it to McClaren, in F1. Great man great driver, greatly missed. God rest his soul....
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I still remember the second. I knew it then and there. Sad story.

"he left this world in a racecar"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by electron
    I still remember the second. I knew it then and there. Sad story.

"he left this world in a racecar"
    That is NOT entirely accurate.
    His life ended UNDER his racer...and he left this world because of FPP maintanence of the non racing area of the track by track officials who KNEW that the access roads to the track were at a greater height that that oif the grass on either side of the road.
    Only a TOAD would allow such a fatal hazzard to exist at a such a major league venue.....Gregs death was criminal and there should have been negligence charges filed against the owners AND promoters of the event pure & simple.

:arrows:Comparing those times is comparing a NASA scientist with a Nascar fan...IT WONT WORK!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by !!WALDO!!
    As many as Dave MacDonald would have had.

NO REFERENCE, IMPLIED OR REAL TO ANY POSTER, LIVING, DEAD, or NOT YET BORN.)

NOTICE how NO ONE here has the same level of respect or sense of loss over Gonchi...?
    Hell ....I'll bet less than 10% of the membership here even has a clue as to whom I am speaking,

and they CALL themselves "fans".....
    :arrows:Comparing those times is comparing a NASA scientist with a Nascar fan...IT WONT WORK!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brock
    NOTICE how NO ONE here has the same level of respect or sense of loss over Gonchi...?
    Hell ....I'll bet less than 10% of the membership here even has a clue as to whom I am speaking,

and they CALL themselves "fans".....
    Oh great, another self absorbed student of history who thinks he is better than everyone else here. Just what we need. Maybe you and Uncle Waldo can debate each other into submission over who remembers more arcane trivia than the other. Meanwhile, the rest of us could care less, but will gladly watch with bewildered amusement.

Most folks probably don't know the nickname given Gonzalo Rodriguez but that sure as hell doesn't make them any less of a fan. I am certain that if you had used his real name rather than some insider/little known nickname, that most folks here would know exactly who you were talking about. But then that would not have given you an opportunity to insult the other 90% here, would it?

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.