Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Effect of road-position during second run

I have not previously noticed that first runner(s) would have any disadvantage when the stages are runned second time. However after Sardinia and Greece I have got impression that there could be some advatage for later cars even in second run. If there is still some effect in second run is that connected to teams having harder control tyre? I am not sure if this view is pure illusion because for instance Loeb has not been pushing all the time. Opinions?
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dont know really, but in warm climate maybe the loose gravel on the top dryes between the runs and make it a bit slippery, just a guess. Here on our roads its not even close the same like in Greece or Sardinia, the roads are totally different.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    It's a result cars running after WRC, mainly GrN, not using the same lines as WRC and therefore first cars have to clean the lines from loose gravel also on the second run.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A few years ago this was looked into by Channel Ten Australia at Rally Australia. On the first run obviously the first cars are at a disadvantage as they need to sweep the surface clean but most drivers do stick to the lines and then there is the problem of ruts. When driving through the second time, the stage gets churned up even more and the ruts become deeper so you need to be careful not to bounce out of them as as soon as you get out you are in the loose gravel your in trouble as there is no grip there (Ala Possum Bourne - Rally Aus 2002 i think..). Also I remember an interview with Nicky Grist and he said once there is a clean line, bigger rocks can come out from the base of the road. This exposed rocks would be easy to break suspension on or even just a puncture.

These might be some of the reasons why perhaps???

Liked 1,787 Times in 423 Posts
    After the WR cars PWRC and sometimes 2wd cars are passing the route and they are not cutting the corners so much and often they brake later and accelerate in different places as well. It all bring quite a thin layer of gravel on the perfect line of WRC. So, if the first couple of drivers are reaching on this layer then it can be quite bad. In Greece there is very hard bedrock under the loose layer. Now imagine that someone cleans all the gravel from the top and exposes the hard base. a few minutes later someone comes and puts a thin layer of gravel on that hard bedrock (Sometimes there might not be that thin layer, but in long and blind corners you cannot be sure). You can compare it like you are putting ball bearings on your floor or gravel on the tarmac - it is very slippery. This problem appears on the so called sweeping corners. There are no ruts on such a corners. The problem is not that bad when ruts are already formed.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Cool 抗震救灾2

wow gold!All wow gold US Server 24.99$/1000G on sell! Cheap wow gold,wow gold,wow gold,Buy Cheapest/Safe/Fast WoW US EU wow gold Power leveling wow gold from the time you wWorld of Warcraft gold ordered!wow power leveling wow power leveling power leveling wow power leveling wow powerleveling wow power levelingcheap wow power leveling wow power leveling buy wow power leveling wow power leveling buy power leveling wow power leveling cheap power leveling wow power leveling wow power leveling wow power leveling wow powerleveling wow power leveling power leveling wow power leveling wow powerleveling wow power leveling buy rolex cheap rolex wow gold wow gold wow gold wow gold

It's all very unfortunate to the first runners in the road, where it may be possible to get aware of those bad road for the second runner, it's a quite advantage for the 2nd runner, i think.