Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As usual, john vanlandinham has to denigrate all of US rallying. Of course, every one knows that john really deserves a WRC ride since he almost won once in a SAAB 96.
    Richard Miller
    Sachse, Texas

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardM
    As usual, john vanlandinham has to denigrate all of US rallying. Of course, every one knows that john really deserves a WRC ride since he almost won once in a SAAB 96.
    Miller, you troll, I am not "denigrating" US rally.
    To denigrate "it" I would have to add a qualitative addendum such as
    (only an example) "Everybody in rally in the US is really slow and therefore they are bad people".

I've always been a club level guy in the rally sport and all my friends are clubbies too, and most are slower than I am, that doesn't mean they're bad.
    Conversely, just because somebody is marginally faster than the average guy on the street doesn't mean they are a "good" person.
    Or a "bad' person.

You are not a bad person because you are inconceivably slow and average on stages somewhere around 60-65 km/hr (when the leaders average 110-120 km/hr), you are a bad person because you purposely stretch truth, purposely quote out of context, and purposely misconstrue what people are saying with an evil intent. And you willfully lie.
    You do all this including the lying so easily and constantly that I'd guess you were a Republican if I didn't know better.

Speed is a relative idea.
    It is pretty clear that the skill level, and closely related to that is the speed on stage is pretty low when the "fastest" guys get kicked and stomped into bloody pulps when they enter WRC events.

And just because typical NorthAmerican events have, by World standards, very high average speeds it doesn't mean that the drivers are particularly skilled or extraordinarily brave. We simply have bigger wider roads and BIGGER trees and so less tricky, "technical" stages.

Again that is not an insult it simply says that if guys get used to driving on simplistic roads with little competition then they will not develop the broader skills range, and aggressiveness they will need to continue development of their skills.

I can see why you don't understand this as you have never tried to develop your driving skills and I must presume that you have never seen a Swedish or Finnish "National" class GpH or GpF so you have no idea of what good club level drivers are like.

Have you ever been to a Rally anywhere in Europe?

Anyway you should stop trying to backhandedly insult me everywhere I write, it's is obvious you believe you have some mandate to dog my heels, and it's clear to all you're being a troll and baiting.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No john, I have a very low tolerance for foul mouthed little people who try to tear down a sport that I have be involved with for over 37 years.

You no longer compete even when your friends offer to cover all your expenses. I am sure you have an excuse or 3. Perhaps you have received a secret e-mail saying that you are banned for life with every sanctioning body in the US. So how can you know that your friends are slower than you since you won't drive? By golly though you are right that I drove slow in my last event. But I entered and finished. You won't even enter.
    Richard Miller
    Sachse, Texas

Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts
    take it somewhere else.

This is a thread about Pastrana, and the weird claim that he was World Champion.

He is good, but he isn't that good.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bowler
    take it somewhere else.

This is a thread about Pastrana, and the weird claim that he was World Champion.

He is good, but he isn't that good.
    Not yet. But we can hope. And the weird claim was not made by Travis but by someone who obviously is not familar with rally.

In all seriousness, I think we have two young drivers coming up who may have a better chance than Travis. Chris Duplessi (I know I am misspelling his name) is only 20 and doing very well. Then we have a 17 year old also doing well.

And by the way, Chris is extremely brave. He rode with me last summer as an instructor at the Team O'Neil driving school.
    Richard Miller
    Sachse, Texas