Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts

2008 24H of Le Mans official thread !!!

Hi,

It's time to create the official thread of the famous race, as this coming sunday is the "Journée Test"(test day)of the 24H of Le Mans

Can't wait for the pics and videos

Unfortuneately the announced weather for sunday looks quite bad... this is unfortunate as the pics in general look ugly when taken with grey/dark sky and wet ground

Let's hope for very sunny weather during the race itself(14th/15th june)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    so great to see so many Protoypes

hopefully the rain will take away the advantage the Diesals have on the competition
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Also good to see Porsche back in prototype racing...shame it's not P1 but hey im not complaining
    You cant have a Le Mans race without rain anyway...can you!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Another LMP went flying today, 4th time this year so far (that I kow off). Good job Gene is OK though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A Big-off.... good see Marc is ok and well, to see the cars lift on a corner is a bit concerning. It's a good job it was the web cam there and not a camera man.

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Yes terrible crash it was

Hopefully, both Marc and the 908 #7 will be ready to run Le Mans in less than two weeks...

Stunning time by Stéphane Sarrazin

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Maybe this should be a topic for a thread all on its own, but it is very concerning that these cars have such a propensity to take off when they go sideways. Clearly the regulated underbody chamfer is not enough to prevent this potentially lethal type of accident. I hope a car never gets into a spectator area as the results would not bear thinking about. I wonder is this spate of accidents is ringing alarm bells within the FIA. If not I think it should be.

Due to the nature of closed wheel cars it's tricky to see what a solution may be without radically altering the rules/pre-conceived idea of what an LMP car is. I don't remember the last time I saw an F1 car take off in similar circumstances, so as unpalatable as it may be to some maybe that is the direction to go - less floor area.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Correct if I'm wrong, I'm not an aero guy, but generally cars running venturi grounds effect have a propensity to lift spectacularly.

Of cars I've seen go spectacularly airborne over the years they all ran venturis.